View Full Version : test drove a SS S/C Cobalt

Notraction
12-19-2018, 06:26 PM
Well guys here is my personal opinon of the thing.

S/C responds quickly.
2 door

Dislikes:
Very unconfortable(sp) for a tall sun roof hit my head with seat all the way down.
slow.
the rear wing blocks more of your view than your fat mom in front of the TV

The dealer was a cool guy and told me right off the bat that he new nothing about them and wanted to see what it would do in second gear at 25 mph i stomped on it, it didn't chirp the tires

Anyway its a nice car with some work ablity but nothing close to a SRT-4.

Next he asked me to take him for a ride in my car to see the differance. Jumped on the freeway behind the dealership and took him from 40 to about 110 before the next exit. you should have seen the look on his face:yikes:
when we got back to his office he said "why on earth would you trade that for the cobalt and if you do want to get rid of it i'll buy it". I calmly walked out of the dealership tring not to die of laughter". :owned:

htoudiee
12-19-2018, 06:51 PM
You know, I went and test drove one. I swear it had the Supercharged badge but it was NOTHING like a stock SRT. I mean, I (I know I did a bad thing) power shifted 1st to 2nd... NO SPIN, NOT even a CHIRP... I did it 2 more times, no, nothing.

Notraction
12-20-2018, 07:46 AM
the manager asked me what i thought i told him it was slow and unconfortable. he told me they will send that info to r&d team.

He also said there will be a 2018 Camaro by the end of 07

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 08:03 AM
2018 camaro=mine

Fourbanger
12-20-2018, 08:04 AM
Ive been wanting to test drive one i should go see what reedman says.

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 08:09 AM
Ive been wanting to test drive one i should go see what reedman says.

they play it like its worth a million bucks. When i went to see what they would give me for my srt-4 one guy was trying to convince me trading it in for a cobalt SS would be a good move............. it didnt go over well.

Fourbanger
12-20-2018, 08:16 AM
hahahah but are they gay with the test drives??/ or do they expect you to be serious before they let you drive it? I just wanna see how slow it is they have one on display in king of prussia mall and it "LOOKS" cool but i dunno the ecotech is a bitch ass lil engine. I was close to buying one but they had bad reviews from mags, previous owners, and pretty much everybody i talked to said fuck the cobalt, srt=the bestest.

edit: the ecotech looks weak. dont get all defensive

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 08:19 AM
they want you to be serious. the guy wouldnt even let me take an srt-4 out (which extremely angered me) till i brought my dad with me. then he was all over my dad about it. i ended up buying it but before i did i grabbed some random salesman and told him i wanted the car after the other guy had been helping us all day. he was pissed.

Notraction
12-20-2018, 08:34 AM
i wonder if i could put my seats in the cobalt hahahahahaand the engine and trany

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 08:35 AM
i wonder if i could put my seats in the cobalt hahahahahaand the engine and trany
thatd be a cool swap

Fourbanger
12-20-2018, 08:44 AM
it would be slow due to their pimped out 18's, I just love how they pretty much copied the format, but tried to be different (s/c instead of a turbo) it makes me laugh when i think about it, their boost gauge is kinda gay too its right on the a pillar which seemed too wide to begin with then you throw a gauge there... pfft

el_jefe
12-20-2018, 08:53 AM
I am hearing that the cobalt will ditch the S/C for a turbo next year.

Fourbanger
12-20-2018, 08:54 AM
Yeah i heard that as well, its possible considering that the srt originally came with a s/c. Has gm put out a factory turbo'd car?? Would be interesting.

zzz04pt
12-20-2018, 08:57 AM
Yeah i heard that as well, its possible considering that the srt originally came with a s/c. Has gm put out a factory turbo'd car?? Would be interesting.

Does the Grand National ring any bells?

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 08:58 AM

not since the GNx or the turbo limited edition firebirds

el_jefe
12-20-2018, 08:59 AM
Syclone and Typhoon are kinda like cars.

zzz04pt
12-20-2018, 09:01 AM
Syclone and Typhoon are kinda like cars.

They certainly should be included. Those things are still bad ass. :thumb:

Fourbanger
12-20-2018, 09:05 AM
holy shit im done posting that was retarded i didnt even think about it. I think teh cobalt will stay supercharged, i hope so at least, keep that pos slow.

slow4dr
12-20-2018, 09:21 AM
I've driven the Ion as well and I completely agree with all your points with it. Uncomfortable & slow pretty much sums it up.

I don't see the aftermarket taking off on the Cobalt like it did with the SRT. The Saturn is prime example as it's been out over a year and there isn't much out for it.

el_jefe
12-20-2018, 09:35 AM
I've driven the Ion as well and I completely agree with all your points with it. Uncomfortable & slow pretty much sums it up.

I don't see the aftermarket taking off on the Cobalt like it did with the SRT. The Saturn is prime example as it's been out over a year and there isn't much out for it.

I dunno, they are going Grand Am racing. If GM throws $$$ at it, so will the other companies.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=77879&stc=1

I know the driver, hoping he will introduce me to the girl . . . :hit:

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 09:39 AM
I dunno, they are going Grand Am racing. If GM throws $$$ at it, so will the other companies.

:thumb:

slow4dr
12-20-2018, 09:42 AM

I am sure GM will support it but the aftermarket won't.

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 09:44 AM
I am sure GM will support it but the aftermarket won't.

that engine is tapped. i remember reading something about how the block really cant reliably handle much more power. i was really dissapointed with the cobalt and redlines specs. if they gave the srt-4 a run, dodge prob would up the ante. instead dodge gets to just sit back and relax as king of the 20 k monster

punkrokdood
12-20-2018, 09:44 AM
it would make sense that they make it turbo if the sky and solstice are gonna be turbo ecotecs, then it would probably save GM money to ditch the supercharger. s/c's are more expensive anyway when it comes to dollar to hp ratio... BUT, GM sucks ass at ideas, so we'll have to see

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 09:46 AM
it would make sense that they make it turbo if the sky and solstice are gonna be turbo ecotecs, then it would probably save GM money to ditch the supercharger. s/c's are more expensive anyway when it comes to dollar to hp ratio... BUT, GM sucks ass at ideas, so we'll have to see

hopefully they will really try competing with dodge now.

punkrokdood
12-20-2018, 09:48 AM
hopefully they will really try competing with dodge now.
hopefully they will really try competing with Keebler now :ftard:

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 09:49 AM
hopefully they will really try competing with Keebler now :ftard:

ha ha ha ha ha i dunno man, playschool has some really fast whips

Notraction
12-20-2018, 01:31 PM
about the ecotec there is a 2.2 sunfire running around down here thats turboed and will give a stage 2 SRT-4 a run for it money

punkrokdood
12-20-2018, 01:33 PM
about the ecotec there is a 2.2 sunfire running around down here thats turboed and will give a stage 2 SRT-4 a run for it money
but bone stock, it will barely give an neon sxt a run for its money

slow4dr
12-20-2018, 01:33 PM

If a S2 SRT was fast I might be impressed. We all know the Ecotec has "potential" but so does a Geo.

Broken5hift
12-20-2018, 01:37 PM
If a S2 SRT was fast I might be impressed. We all know the Ecotec has "potential" but so does a Geo.

x a million

Fourbanger
12-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Lmfao if it was fast.

I agree with henry on this one i think dodge will coast untill they are knocked off the top of the moutain by whoever creates a cheap tuner.

I was reading in this months r&t that they used the block from an ecotech to break the land speed record set by that gay saturn.

Edit: it didnt break the record, it blew a rod.

punkrokdood
12-20-2018, 02:00 PM
Lmfao if it was fast.

I agree with henry on this one i think dodge will coast untill they are knocked off the top of the moutain by whoever creates a cheap tuner.

I was reading in this months r&t that they used the block from an ecotech to break the land speed record set by that gay saturn.

Edit: it didnt break the record, it blew a rod.
^^^ they've been using the block from the SRT-4 to break a lot of records too :thumb:

el_jefe
12-20-2018, 02:02 PM
If a S2 SRT was fast I might be impressed.
:fu: :rofl:

slow4dr
12-20-2018, 02:09 PM
:fu: :rofl:

:rofl:

:owned:

boostinsrt
12-27-2018, 09:20 PM
I saw a full blown Cobalt SS race car on the Speed channel and the did all kinds of shit to it and only got like 25 hp it was POOP!!!!

kenskiv
12-28-2018, 07:56 AM
I saw a full blown Cobalt SS race car on the Speed channel and the did all kinds of shit to it and only got like 25 hp it was POOP!!!!

http://www.vhtrc.org/fourplay/2003/coyote-poop.jpg > Cobalt ss:owned:

Broken5hift
12-28-2018, 08:05 AM
way to lend a visual to the discussion ken :rofl:

|