View Full Version : Any shops / SRT gurus in Dallas??

Hitman
12-22-2018, 08:04 AM
I'm driving out there tomorrow night for the holidays. I'll be there until New Years. I've been having some minor problems with my car that are bugging the crap out of me. I just can't figure it out and I thought maybe someone else might know. Any ideas?

Broken5hift
12-22-2018, 08:30 AM
what are your problems. im an e-mechanic

Hitman
12-22-2018, 08:36 AM
what are your problems. im an e-mechanic

As long as it won't cost me an e-arm and an e-leg...... :rofl:

The car hesitates under WOT. Slighty on the dial-a-boost setting of 1, but alot of hesitation on setting 2. Problem started occurring right after I installed the larger FMIC. All connections are fine.

Broken5hift
12-22-2018, 08:37 AM
you have stage 3?

Hitman
12-22-2018, 08:39 AM
you have stage 3?

Stage 2....

Broken5hift
12-22-2018, 08:41 AM
er............ sounds like you need some injector cleaner or possibly some new plugs. it sounds like your getting fuel cut. if you got the cash get a fuel pressure regulator or test your fuel pump, it may be crapping out on you.

Hitman
12-22-2018, 08:44 AM
er............ sounds like you need some injector cleaner or possibly some new plugs. it sounds like your getting fuel cut. if you got the cash get a fuel pressure regulator or test your fuel pump, it may be crapping out on you.

I'm broke, so do you know anyone I can hire to live under my hood and regulate my fuel pressure for me?? :rofl:

I'll replace the plugs and see if it has any effect.

It just seemed to much of a coincidence that I switched out the FMIC and then started having problems....

Broken5hift
12-22-2018, 08:47 AM
I'm broke, so do you know anyone I can hire to live under my hood and regulate my fuel pressure for me?? :rofl:

I'll replace the plugs and see if it has any effect.

It just seemed to much of a coincidence that I switched out the FMIC and then started having problems....

buy injector cleaner at pep boys or something. its easy to do and works great. did you check the pipes before you put on the intercooler to make sure nothing was in them? you can also buy a fuel pressure regulator at pepboys for cheap and just test it in your driveway. mike r was doing it while at the track, very easy to do.

punkrokdood
12-22-2018, 08:47 AM
its POSSIBLE that the ECU is just learning the new IC. I had a similar problem when i installed a new throttle body. it stuttered a little when i went WOT, and it bogged down a LOT when i started moving from a stop. after a few days, it started running fine again

Broken5hift
12-22-2018, 08:49 AM
its POSSIBLE that the ECU is just learning the new IC. I had a similar problem when i installed a new throttle body. it stuttered a little when i went WOT, and it bogged down a LOT when i started moving from a stop. after a few days, it started running fine again

i dont recall that happening on my friends larger IC install.............. hmmm

Hitman
12-22-2018, 08:50 AM

This FMIC was the first one from CFDR, so it's been on the car for quite a while....it should be done learning by now....it's been months....

Broken5hift
12-22-2018, 08:51 AM
it sounds like a fuel problem. good ol stage 2

punkrokdood
12-22-2018, 08:56 AM
This FMIC was the first one from CFDR, so it's been on the car for quite a while....it should be done learning by now....it's been months....
true... i agree with broken, it does sound like a fuel problem, just kinda weird that it happened at the same time you installed the IC. you sure all the hoses are leak free? boost leaks CAN (not always) cause your car to act really weird

Hitman
12-22-2018, 08:58 AM
true... i agree with broken, it does sound like a fuel problem, just kinda weird that it happened at the same time you installed the IC. you sure all the hoses are leak free? boost leaks CAN (not always) cause your car to act really weird

Yeah, we tightened everything back up. I've gone around and re-checked the connections since then.

punkrokdood
12-22-2018, 09:03 AM
then i'd say try a fuel system cleaner. there is one that you can get done as a service, where they disconnect the gas tank, and hook up a little can to it and run the car till the can is empty, and it cleans a whole bunch of shit out of the fuel injectors i think it usually costs around $50 or so... how many miles do you have?

Hitman
12-22-2018, 09:08 AM
then i'd say try a fuel system cleaner. there is one that you can get done as a service, where they disconnect the gas tank, and hook up a little can to it and run the car till the can is empty, and it cleans a whole bunch of shit out of the fuel injectors i think it usually costs around $50 or so... how many miles do you have?

I think I'm around 44,000 miles....

punkrokdood
12-22-2018, 09:11 AM
with that many miles, fuel problems are very possible

|