View Full Version : FS: $30 catch can

MSMoores
01-07-2018, 04:14 PM
For sale: the glorious $20 catch can, except anyone who's made them knows that it really comes out to be about $30. Awhile ago I made a few of these, one for myself, one for my father's car and a couple for some guys on SRTforums. One of the guys who said he wanted one never actually paid me for it, so it has been sitting here on my desk reminding me that he didn't pay me and annoying the hell out of me.

So, after waiting about a month and a half for this guy to get in touch with me, I am tired of waiting. For $30 you get a catch can, 4 band clamps and enough 3/8 braid reinforced fuel line and heavy-duty zip ties to install it. The catch can is completely assembled and all that is needed is to connect the ends of the fuel line where they need to be, then strap her down with the zip ties.

This catch can's identical twins have been running on 3 different SRTs without any problems since late November or early December, the line does not collapse under vacuum and it does not leak. I tested all of them on my car, because well... I'm really anal. :deal:

I'd prefer local pick up to keep the price down, but if not just add shipping. If shipping is less than $5, I'll cover it myself. I need this damned thing out of my office.

Will update later with pictures.

-Matt

MSMoores
01-09-2018, 02:14 PM
As promised, here are some pictures of the catch can.

Going to leave this up on the Syndicate for a few more days before I throw it to SRTforums, would much rather sell it here. I like this forum much better and I feel like there are more actual enthusiasts here, not 30,000 retarded monkeys throwing E-crap at each other and TypIng LIke ThiS LOL LOL LOL.

KTHXBYE,

Matt

13SecPTCruiser
01-09-2018, 04:13 PM
hey, i have a similar one, but it broke ( the bottom of the catch can lil plastic thing came off. where can i get another one?

MSMoores
01-09-2018, 04:17 PM
From me. :thumb: I'm not parting out though if that's what you're asking. :lol:

13SecPTCruiser
01-09-2018, 05:43 PM
its the small little plastic thing on the big plastic catch can.

c'mon help a brother out.

MSMoores
01-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Are you talking about the cap that goes over the little valve on the bottom?

You're in luck! I have one for $30. ;)

13SecPTCruiser
01-09-2018, 06:02 PM
oh, sweet... $30? ok.. good.

MSMoores
01-09-2018, 06:04 PM
If that's really what you were talking about, I have a case of vacuum caps and one of them i'm sure would cover it. Let me know and you can stop by sometime and pick one up, free of charge.

'Cause I'm a swell guy.

13SecPTCruiser
01-09-2018, 06:08 PM
thats EXACTLY what i need. i should be up that way within the next couple weeks, unless there is a meet up there soon, then it will be a lot sooner.
You're tha man!

MSMoores
01-09-2018, 06:16 PM
Cool, glad I could help man.

Seriously though, someone buy this catch can. It's a good catch can, it gets along well with kids and cats which is more than I can say for Weapon R or Perrin catch cans. NEVER leave one of those alone with children or cats, trust me.

13SecPTCruiser
01-09-2018, 06:18 PM
i'll post it on some PT Cruiser boards. $30 including or excluding s&h?

edit - nevermind about the s&h

punkrokdood
01-09-2018, 06:53 PM
Cool, glad I could help man.

Seriously though, someone buy this catch can. It's a good catch can, it gets along well with kids and cats which is more than I can say for Weapon R or Perrin catch cans. NEVER leave one of those alone with children or cats, trust me.
don't leave those catch cans anywhere near a vehicle either... talk about a POS... i thought you couldn't fuck up a catch can, but both of those companies figured out how to do it

spriceii
01-12-2018, 05:27 PM
so u still have the cc?

MSMoores
01-12-2018, 05:50 PM
so u still have the cc?

Yep. :thumb:

MSMoores
01-14-2018, 12:48 PM
Yep, still have this. It's lonely and wants to be your new friend!

MSMoores
02-01-2018, 01:34 PM
Sold to spriceii. :thumb:

sloesaretee
02-04-2018, 12:27 PM
I see you've sold the catch can, but if you want to make another $30, if you can make me an identical catch can and everything needed for installation, I'll give you $30 for it. Let me know, if not its cool.

MSMoores
02-20-2018, 08:44 AM
I see you've sold the catch can, but if you want to make another $30, if you can make me an identical catch can and everything needed for installation, I'll give you $30 for it. Let me know, if not its cool.

Wish I could help you out man, but I'm not a vendor and don't have any plans to do become one. Not gonna go around making things and selling them without vendor status, wouldn't be very nice of me.

Sorry man.

MSMoores
02-20-2018, 08:46 AM
I am curious though to see how these are working out for everyone who has one. :thumb:

|