View Full Version : AEM EMS information

slow4dr
11-02-2019, 03:03 PM
This will be the "holy grail" of tuning the SRT4 to it's full potential. It is expected to be released before the end of the year & should cost between $1500-$2000.

This test was more for verification of functions than actual HP #'s. They hadn't set-up a boost controller yet but it still made 217WHP on the factory turbo & wastegate actuator(5.9psi :rofl:)

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODg1NDYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODg1NDYyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODg1NDY0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

slow4dr
11-02-2019, 03:18 PM
AEM Serial Gauge Engine Management Displays

This is what we've all been waiting for. A completely customizable gauge from AEM that can display any parameter in the AEM EMS in real time. You can chain gauges together to have them each display different parameters. You can also have one gauge display multiple parameters and switch back and forth between them with the push of a button. The gauges display both a numerical value and graphical value along the outer edge. The graphical values are completely customizable. If you want max boost set at 15psi to show red bars from there on up, you simply program that in.

For those of you that have boost gauges that don't read high enough, this is your answer, you can program the gauge limits! You can also set up warnings for every parameter you want. If a warning is hit on let's say A:F ratio when your gauge is displaying boost, the gauge will flash and show you the A:F ratio and it's warning. You can even set up warnings that combine multiple settings. For example, you would not want to have an A:F warning at 14.7:1 during normal driving because that is perfectly fine. But under boost you'd want it to enter into a warning mode if it was that lean. This is the most customizable gauge in the market today and you don't need any sensors with it. It simply reads off your AEM Engine Management System.

Note: You must have an AEM EMS for this gauge to work.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/Images/Products/AEM/Engine_Management_Displays_Serial_Gauge.jpg

Overcome
11-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Awesome! They're like the Defi guages on steriods!!:thumb:

The-Violator
11-02-2019, 04:57 PM
fucking awesome! I need 4!! Oh and the ems..lol

neonsohc
11-02-2019, 05:26 PM
hmmm to get this or the regular aem a/f gauge

slow4dr
12-12-2019, 10:03 AM
Posted on the AEM forums on Friday December 9th.

I'm finishing all of the development on a 2019 SRT-4 now.

The Alternator is tricky as the Regulator is actually in the ECU rather than the Alternator like most vehicles. This was the same case with the Viper, however, the signals are inverted so a different strategy is needed. Plus I recently found that the Instrument Cluster's Battery Light goes through the CAN Bus as does many other EFI related things. I do not want to have that light ON all the time, so I am currently looking at getting the stock ECU to maintain full Alternator Control.

Unfortunately, newer cars are a bit of work. Stay Tuned...

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=6514&start=80

Tom Joad
12-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Posted on the AEM forums on Friday December 9th.

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=6514&start=80

Are there gonna be issues with 03s and 04s if they're developing on the 05s? It's been awhile since I've read a thread about it, but I thought 05 PCMs were different from the other years...

punkrokdood
12-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Are there gonna be issues with 03s and 04s if they're developing on the 05s? It's been awhile since I've read a thread about it, but I thought 05 PCMs were different from the other years...
to put it simply.... no, there won't be issues due to different PCM's :thumb:

Broken5hift
12-12-2019, 10:23 AM

ditto. i thought each year was different in its own way......... hmm.

punkrokdood
12-12-2019, 10:25 AM
ok, the stock pcm's will be controlling power windows, keyless entry, etc. EVERYTHING engine related (as in actually moving the car) will be controlled by the EMS. therefore, any differences in the stock PCM's won't matter because those functions that are changed will not be controlled by the PCM anymore

тиват авиабилеты
Broken5hift
12-12-2019, 10:32 AM
dont get angry about it

punkrokdood
12-12-2019, 10:33 AM
dont get angry about it
not angry... jsut letting it be known :thumb:

Broken5hift
12-12-2019, 10:34 AM
punk yelled at me *cries*

slow4dr
12-12-2019, 10:35 AM
ok, the stock pcm's will be controlling power windows, keyless entry, etc. EVERYTHING engine related (as in actually moving the car) will be controlled by the EMS. therefore, any differences in the stock PCM's won't matter because those functions that are changed will not be controlled by the PCM anymore

:stupid:

Tom Joad
12-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Good to know. Now I just gotta wait for them to release it and win the lottery.

el_jefe
12-12-2019, 11:00 AM
That shit with the voltage regulator really is a PITA. I looked into it while chasing down this last electrical demon. The ECU controls the field regulator on the alternator itself, so you can't take the ECU out of the loop unless you can control that funtion itself, or replace the alternator with a seperate unit that has an independant voltage regulator.

Alec Trevelyan
12-12-2019, 01:46 PM
So if they made this power on virtually a stock SRT4 @ 5.9 psi.....what do you think it will do on a stock car running more boost?

Tom Joad
12-12-2019, 01:47 PM
So if they made this power on virtually a stock SRT4 @ 5.9 psi.....what do you think it will do on a stock car running more boost?

Hard to say. The current stock turbo record will be broken I think.

el_jefe
12-12-2019, 02:10 PM

As much power as a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. That's why it has taken so long, AEM had to figure out a way to keep the universe from exploding when the SRT got on boost.

kenskiv
12-12-2019, 02:25 PM
As much power as a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. That's why it has taken so long, AEM had to figure out a way to keep the universe from exploding when the SRT got on boost.

:bs: Unless chuck is very tired

Alec Trevelyan
12-12-2019, 03:56 PM

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Im guessing around 280whp with nothing but an CAI....who knows! Any other guesses?

punkrokdood
12-12-2019, 04:03 PM
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Im guessing around 280whp with nothing but an CAI....who knows! Any other guesses?
depends on the tuner, and what kind of balls they got.... I bet you could get 300 hp with JUST the EMS... but it would most likely NOT be safe

el_jefe
12-12-2019, 04:04 PM
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Figure Stage 2 power + the 10% for safety factor that DCX built into Stage 2. Fuel is gonna be the limiting factor, I bet Stg 2 injectors will get popular. But the people dropping 2k on an EMS are not gonna dick around with the stock turbo.

punkrokdood
12-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Figure Stage 2 power + the 10% for safety factor that DCX built into Stage 2. Fuel is gonna be the limiting factor, I bet Stg 2 injectors will get popular. But the people dropping 2k on an EMS are not gonna dick around with the stock turbo.
i will...

basically stock turbo anyway :sneaky:

with that fully built turbo manifold, upgraded compressor, built motor, and revs out the ass, you could make one hell of a sleeper :thumb:

el_jefe
12-12-2019, 04:22 PM
i will...

basically stock turbo anyway :sneaky:

with that fully built turbo manifold, upgraded compressor, built motor, and revs out the ass, you could make one hell of a sleeper :thumb:

I just can't see dropping that kind of $$$ on this platform. If this engine was in the Razor, yeah, but a $10k motor in a FWD is :ftard:

punkrokdood
12-12-2019, 04:24 PM
I just can't see dropping that kind of $$$ on this platform. If this engine was in the Razor, yeah, but a $10k motor in a FWD is :ftard:
its the fun of it more than anything :thumb:

that's all considering i don't change my mind of course... this is kind of the "long haul" project ideas...

i may switch over to the darkside, and have some fun with the Kappa platform... who knows :thumb:

el_jefe
12-12-2019, 04:30 PM
its the fun of it more than anything :thumb:

that's all considering i don't change my mind of course... this is kind of the "long haul" project ideas...

i may switch over to the darkside, and have some fun with the Kappa platform... who knows :thumb:

Yeah, I hear that. It's just that GM sucks sooooo much. I could go the 240sx route, being employed here would give me a lot of advantages, but 240's are like 5.0 mustangs, everyone has one. And AWD is for the dirt.

punkrokdood
12-12-2019, 04:34 PM
^^^ yea, they suck now... but the kappa platform looks promising, so that's why i'm waiting... I want to see if they actually make he engines turbo this time like they should have been for a long time.... i agree 100% though, GM sucks ass at ideas... hopefully the kappa will change that

Alec Trevelyan
12-12-2019, 04:51 PM
Yeah I thought about getting the Saturn Sky Redline....t/c 4cyl, RWD, droptop and a nice body sound pretty good to me. I just want to see how it performs first.

Tom Joad
12-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Sky Mallett V8 > *

slow4dr
01-05-2019, 01:57 PM
From JP @ AEM(1-3-06)

The alternator problem was solved. The stock ECU is taking care of it

The main item that is holding up the release is the special SRT-4 Coms Cable. This cable connects your Laptop to the OBD2 Port (located low on the driver side dash). It allows you to communicate and make live changes to the EMS without having to route a coms cable in the engine bay.

This is a cosmetically improved version that will supercede our current VIPER coms cable. Although they have different OBD2 pinouts, this cable will work for both SRT-4 and Viper.

I have already designed the cable, I am just waiting for the finished product.

drizze99
01-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the update Jason!

punkrokdood
01-05-2019, 02:05 PM
From JP @ AEM(1-3-06)From JP @ AEM(1-3-06)

The alternator problem was solved. The stock ECU is taking care of it

The main item that is holding up the release is the special SRT-4 Coms Cable. This cable connects your Laptop to the OBD2 Port (located low on the driver side dash). It allows you to communicate and make live changes to the EMS without having to route a coms cable in the engine bay.

This is a cosmetically improved version that will supercede our current VIPER coms cable. Although they have different OBD2 pinouts, this cable will work for both SRT-4 and Viper.

I have already designed the cable, I am just waiting for the finished product.

:thumb:
keeps getting better and better... stage3 isn't lookin like my only option now:thumb:

htoudiee
01-05-2019, 03:07 PM
I am REALLY REALLY curious on how well it responds on S2 and S3.

el_jefe
01-05-2019, 03:10 PM
I am REALLY REALLY curious on how well it responds on S2 and S3.

Huh? This takes the PCM out off the loop completely. It will probably work with Stg 2 injectors, and the Stg 3 Hardware, but that is it. Stock ECU, Stg ECU won't make a difference.

slow4dr
01-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Huh? This takes the PCM out off the loop completely. It will probably work with Stg 2 injectors, and the Stg 3 Hardware, but that is it. Stock ECU, Stg ECU won't make a difference.

I think he just meant if you have a S2 and you just installed the AEM how much power you'd gain.

Dodge tuning vs your own tuning

htoudiee
01-05-2019, 05:11 PM

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enought. That's what I meant.

Tom Joad
02-03-2019, 12:11 PM
So.... What's the latest word? Will we see these units in time to start tuning our Caliber SRT-4s? :rofl:

slow4dr
02-03-2019, 12:13 PM
"Justinsane" should get his car back today or possibly next week. From what I hear they have a prduction box in his car so it should be soon.

slow4dr
02-03-2019, 01:35 PM
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218401

JustinSane
02-17-2019, 04:24 PM
update :evil2:

Jeremy Powell
to me
More options Feb 15 (2 days ago)
Justin,

I could set your car to where if the A/C switch is ON, you air
conditioner works like normal and the engine runs low boost (for example
10psi). With A/C Switch OFF, I can have it enable Traction Control and
High Boost (for example 14-18psi).

Yes, there is Knock Control which I can turn ON. It adds fuel and/or
retards the timing if it detects knock.

OK, I just spoke to purchasing. I could get on the dyno Monday and get
the finished enclosure and have everything done by this coming Tuesday.
Is this OK?

-JP

-----Original Message-----
- Show quoted text -

slow4dr
02-17-2019, 04:58 PM

slow4dr
02-28-2019, 04:26 PM
I just got this e-mail from JP.

"Jason,

We are really close to a release here (finally).

Did you still want me to ship you a 30-1510 EMS or did you want another Plug N Play EMS?

Let me know…"

punkrokdood
02-28-2019, 04:29 PM
I just got this e-mail from JP.

"Jason,

We are really close to a release here (finally).

Did you still want me to ship you a 30-1510 EMS or did you want another Plug N Play EMS?

Let me know…"

so are you able to use one on your 2JZ, or did you determine that as a no-go?

el_jefe
02-28-2019, 04:30 PM
the answer is: One of each.

slow4dr
02-28-2019, 04:34 PM
Well I can use it on the 2JZ but I will have to buy a US harness($750+) and a US Ignitor($200). Or I could just sell it for $2000 and spend $1000-$1250 on a Microtech, Autronic, or Haltech and have a complete harness & ignitor built in and some left over spending cash.

el_jefe
02-28-2019, 04:37 PM
I am looking at the VEMS, gonna see if I can get it to work on the first gen.

punkrokdood
02-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Well I can use it on the 2JZ but I will have to buy a US harness($750+) and a US Ignitor($200). Or I could just sell it for $2000 and spend $1000-$1250 on a Microtech, Autronic, or Haltech and have a complete harness & ignitor built in and some left over spending cash.
get the srt one, then offer it up for sale for like 3 grand right after they all sell out at first :lol:

slow4dr
02-28-2019, 04:47 PM
get the srt one, then offer it up for sale for like 3 grand right after they all sell out at first :lol:

Only Jeff & Gunnar want mine for their cars. :ftard:

punkrokdood
02-28-2019, 04:52 PM

Only Jeff & Gunnar want mine for their cars. :ftard:
ebay, let them fight it out :lol:

MSMoores
02-28-2019, 05:01 PM
Jason has the best toys. :sad:

punkrokdood
02-28-2019, 05:02 PM
Jason has the best toys. :sad:
jason=batman

slow4dr
02-28-2019, 05:32 PM
ebay, let them fight it out :lol:

Not a bad idea.

Alec Trevelyan
03-01-2019, 03:01 PM

The Autronic EMS is BAD FUCKIN ASS!!!

JustinSane
03-01-2019, 03:04 PM
If the ems sells out for a period of time i iam going to sell mine hell yea. sell it, buy another one and then have some extra money. Or big turbo.

slow4dr
03-01-2019, 03:35 PM
The Autronic EMS is BAD FUCKIN ASS!!!

I have a buddy that is a direct dealer for Microtech and he has a dyno so it would be nice to have someone around to help but I hear nothing but good things about the Autronic.

Alec Trevelyan
03-06-2019, 10:18 AM

I have a buddy that is a direct dealer for Microtech and he has a dyno so it would be nice to have someone around to help but I hear nothing but good things about the Autronic.

Yeah man alot of people LOVE the autronic EMS. It pretty much tunes the car for you in terms of a/f ratio to a 1% correction factor.....so no matter if its cold or hot outside its always going to figure out a way to give you the a/f ratio and settings that you tell it to. Its also faster and more accurate then damm near any "tuner" will do for you car. Getting the Autronic is money well spent!

Alec Trevelyan
03-06-2019, 10:20 AM
Its a shame they dont make it for the SRT4....it would save alot of people money, time and the possibility of a blown engine.

The-Violator
03-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Its a shame they dont make it for the SRT4....it would save alot of people money, time and the possibility of a blown engine.

So wait.. The Auto tune feater is in the SRT-4 AEM EMS??

slow4dr
03-06-2019, 01:19 PM

AEM does have an auto tune feature with the EMS.

Alec Trevelyan
03-06-2019, 01:33 PM

The AEM has an auto tune feature but not even close to being a FULL AUTO TUNE like the Autronic is....Like when you set the Autronic it will always try to reconfigure itself to where you set it regardless of temp, humidity,etc. Its like having a super smart tuner constantly looking over your shoulder for you better interest making sure nothing fucks up and alters the setting you put in.

Tom Joad
03-06-2019, 02:34 PM
AEM does have an auto tune feature with the EMS.

I did not know that. How does the AEM auto tune work?

slow4dr
03-06-2019, 03:19 PM
I did not know that. How does the AEM auto tune work?

It will work with the "U" models which stands for UEGO "wideband". It uses this signal to produce a map based on any driving condition. Most of the people I have talked to say it isn't as beneficial as actually knowing how to tune yourself. The AEM forums would be a better place to get first hand knowledge of it.

slow4dr
04-05-2019, 05:02 PM
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?topic=16207.0

gudeman00
04-05-2019, 05:20 PM
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?topic=16207.0

Awesome.

I just got onto those forums yesterday to see if any new news had come up, what do you know a day later they released it. I am ready to see the new dyno numbers and 1/4 times here soon once people get them tuned :thumb:

slow4dr
04-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Awesome.

I just got onto those forums yesterday to see if any new news had come up, what do you know a day later they released it. I am ready to see the new dyno numbers and 1/4 times here soon once people get them tuned :thumb:

X's 4 bazillion

|