View Full Version : I am "official" at the so-cal site now

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 01:55 PM
:thumb:

http://www.socalsrt4.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57

MSMoores
01-30-2019, 02:04 PM
Congrats man. :thumb: You doing anything besides the shifters that I can spend my money on? :lol:

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 02:09 PM
Well thanks to Brandon I have a stock turbo to test on. If the results are worth while expect to see a ported/clipped stock turbo available soon.

MSMoores
01-30-2019, 02:12 PM
Let me know when you plan to release it if it works out. I'll need to close my eyes or go occupy myself so I don't buy it. :lol:

gudeman00
01-30-2019, 02:20 PM
Well thanks to Brandon I have a stock turbo to test on. If the results are worth while expect to see a ported/clipped stock turbo available soon.

Keeping busy I see

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Keeping busy I see

:yasum: I think I will have a lot more time on my hands after I fill all the existing shifter orders.

Daryl
01-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Jason always busy keeping away from the wife ic :rofl:

punkrokdood
01-30-2019, 02:38 PM
ahhh yes... i'd really like to see this :sneaky:

and if it can be done at a lower price than others... that would be AWESOME :thumb:

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 02:47 PM
ahhh yes... i'd really like to see this :sneaky:

and if it can be done at a lower price than others... that would be AWESOME :thumb:

I am hoping the guys here at work can clip the turbo for me if so that will cut down my costs substantially.

Jason always busy keeping away from the wife ic :rofl:

SHHHHHH, don't tell her or i'll sick the messican hating dog on you. :paranoid:

punkrokdood
01-30-2019, 02:49 PM
I am hoping the guys here at work can clip the turbo for me if so that will cut down my costs substantially.

:werd:

maybe even add an evo wheel :sneaky:

just pumping 28 psi (which is the max some "places" say it can flow) out of the stocker will be quite impressive...

gudeman00
01-30-2019, 02:50 PM

Any idea on what the pricing range could possibly be...?

JuanDirtyMessican
01-30-2019, 02:56 PM

SHHHHHH, don't tell her or i'll sick the messican hating dog on you. :paranoid:

she liked me. I mean she kept trying to get in on my butt hole....:rofl:

paintbaler1587
01-30-2019, 03:11 PM
wtf I cant log in to the site, I type in my info, it says thanks for logging in and after the redirect Im no longer logged in.

The-Violator
01-30-2019, 03:56 PM
Yeah Jason is a tool.

to login you have to go through www.streetracingtechnology.com Not the socalsrt4.com domain.

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 04:09 PM
Yeah Jason is a tool.

to login you have to go through www.streetracingtechnology.com Not the socalsrt4.com domain.

:rofl: :thumb: copy & paste obviously isn't good enough anymore. :ftard:

she liked me. I mean she kept trying to get in on my butt hole....:rofl:

:rofl:

Any idea on what the pricing range could possibly be...?

Not yet, but as soon as I have pricing for clipping I will be able to.

:werd:

maybe even add an evo wheel :sneaky:

just pumping 28 psi (which is the max some "places" say it can flow) out of the stocker will be quite impressive...

I always forget how small the alleged 16G compressor wheel. I wouldn't be surprised if that wheel is smaller than the old 14B compressor in the 1G T/E/L & the GVR4.

punkrokdood
01-30-2019, 04:16 PM
I always forget how small the alleged 16G compressor wheel. I wouldn't be surprised if that wheel is smaller than the old 14B compressor in the 1G T/E/L & the GVR4.
if you can get one that will do 330+ that would be a SWEET set up :thumb:

aaronneon did 329 back in the day with the turbochargers.com upgraded stocker, which still holds the record for most HP no nitrous on "stock" turbo. PTP will probably beat that soon though... aaron didn't mess with cams at all. rage jsut got 301 hp i believe on stock turbo, stock exhaust, stock airbox, with spearco FMIC, upgraded fuel, 20 psi, crane 16's. he also stands a good chance of beating aaronneons record :thumb:

The-Violator
01-30-2019, 04:21 PM
See I don't get that.. How the hell they gonna call a MODIFIED turbo stock.. I don't car if it was once stock, it's not stock once you modifiy it. That record is BS if you ask me..

/rant

:lol:

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 04:24 PM

aaronneon did 329 back in the day with the turbochargers.com upgraded stocker, which still holds the record for most HP no nitrous on "stock" turbo. PTP will probably beat that soon though... aaron didn't mess with cams at all. rage jsut got 301 hp i believe on stock turbo, stock exhaust, stock airbox, with spearco FMIC, upgraded fuel, 20 psi, crane 16's. he also stands a good chance of beating aaronneons record :thumb:

HMMMM, that's pretty funny because aaron always braggs about that 329WHP was on the stocker.

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 04:24 PM
See I don't get that.. How the hell they gonna call a MODIFIED turbo stock.. I don't car if it was once stock, it's not stock once you modifiy it. That record is BS if you ask me..

/rant

At least I am not the only one.

newhaircut
01-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Does clipping the stock turbo get rid of PTB? If it does, sign me up for one!

punkrokdood
01-30-2019, 04:41 PM
HMMMM, that's pretty funny because aaron always braggs about that 329WHP was on the stocker.
it may have been... i've sifted through SOOOO many of his posts about the stock turbo, i may have several posts confused with each other. I do know he said 329 on stock turbo, and he also said they used TCC turbos, but i don't know if it was the same car.

EDIT: aaronneon CLEARLY states that 329 was achieved on a stock non-ported turbo. and said that 350 SHOULD be attainable with a modified unit

punkrokdood
01-30-2019, 04:42 PM
it definately helps, but it may not completely get rid of it

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 04:46 PM
it definately helps, but it may not completely get rid of it

:stupid: I have no first hand knowledge but it will help move the powerband up where it is supposed to be.

punkrokdood
01-30-2019, 05:00 PM
:stupid: I have no first hand knowledge but it will help move the powerband up where it is supposed to be.
i've ridden in a car with a clipped wheel, and it did seem like less PTB and better powerband. the manifold is the hard part of the turbo to take off. you can take off the center/ compressor quite easily to put a ported/clipped unit on there, so if it is cheap, its probably not a bad mod at all :thumb:

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 05:05 PM
BTW: One of my customers just gave me a link to someone selling a stock shifter for $60 at the "other" site. :ftard:

MSMoores
01-30-2019, 05:07 PM
BTW: One of my customers just gave me a link to someone selling a stock shifter for $60 at the "other" site. :ftard:

The Type R stock shifter, right? With the gold plating?

slow4dr
01-30-2019, 05:19 PM
The Type R stock shifter, right? With the gold plating?

This one may have been the Type-S(silver) version. If it was the Gold version I would be all over that shit.

MSMoores
01-30-2019, 05:23 PM
:rofl:

Ah, now seriously stop making cool products. My girlfriend is pissed off because I "...can spend thousands of dollars on the car, but God forbid we go out and see a movie. Or hey, remember when we used to go out to dinner? That was nice." :lol:

She was mostly joking though, she actually likes the car and asks to drive it a lot. ...and I laugh, and laugh and laugh...

Aaronneon
02-01-2019, 12:01 PM

Where do you get your info from? The 329whp was done on a bone stock non ported turbo. Who the hell said it was a bigger wheel.

Besides that I made 340+ numerous times with bigger wheels in the past. They never held up though.

Aaronneon
02-01-2019, 12:03 PM

/rant

It was A BONE STOCK NON modified turbo from the factory. You fockers.

punkrokdood
02-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Where do you get your info from? The 329whp was done on a bone stock non ported turbo. Who the hell said it was a bigger wheel.

Besides that I made 340+ numerous times with bigger wheels in the past. They never held up though.
yea, i posted that in another post... i've read so many of your posts over there that i confused them. i remember you saying you did work with the TCC turbos, but i later realized the 329 wasn't on one of those

edit: i'm glad that those numbers were on a stock turbo too :thumb:

Aaronneon
02-01-2019, 12:04 PM

It does help alot. Using an upgraded wheel almost gets rid of all the PTP. I mean youll still have some, but its alot nicer to drive

MSMoores
02-01-2019, 12:06 PM
Well I'll be damned, it's Aaronneon. :lol:

The-Violator
02-01-2019, 12:07 PM
It was A BONE STOCK NON modified turbo from the factory. You fockers.

haha calm down, we got it straightened out! :lol:

Aaronneon
02-01-2019, 12:18 PM
haha calm down, we got it straightened out! :lol:

:ftard: :furious3:

Aaronneon
02-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Well I'll be damned, it's Aaronneon. :lol:

Who is that?

|