View Full Version : Challenger

gudeman00
02-12-2018, 11:26 AM
I really hope this can be my next car..... It's cleaner and more simple than the new Camaro, plus its 425 horsepower....

It's beautiful, that's all I have to say about it. I couldn't walk away from the display.

:hit: :thumb:

lunchbox660
02-12-2018, 12:33 PM
now THATS a reminiscent car....

gudeman00
04-24-2018, 07:33 PM
Looks like I better start seriously saving for it: :thumb:

Since the introduction of the Dodge Challenger Concept, numerous reports have suggested different paths Chrysler could pursue in building a production version of the car. According to an Automotive News report today, the most likely scenario involves a limited-production vehicle priced above the Ford Mustang. The report indicates that the niche car will come V8 only. Interestingly, only 30 percent of the Mustangs Ford sold in 2018 had V8 engines. That fact, coupled with a higher price, would make the Challenger lower Volume than the ‘Stang. Chrysler marketing VP Joe Eberhardt said emotionally, Chrysler would like to built it “tomorrow,” but there are still a few issues to tackle. In terms of sustainability, Chrysler now believes a low-volume Challenger would be a good business case. However, actual production will still be hurdle of its own. While the car will be based on the 300C platform, Chrysler has no further capacity at its 300/Magnum/Charger facility. That means the car would have to be built elsewhere. Due to its low volume, however, a dedicated plant would not be needed.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2018/04/24/low-production-v8-challenger-now-looks-likely/

gspeedaddict
04-24-2018, 09:22 PM
the challenger makes my dick hard

AJ Quick
04-24-2018, 11:33 PM
I loved seeing that car up close at the auto show!

gudeman00
04-25-2018, 08:23 AM
I loved seeing that car up close at the auto show!

Man, so did I. I had to seriously be pulled away from it, I just kept staring and staring.

BuiltForSpeed
04-25-2018, 08:45 AM
yeah that car really sets my nuts afire:thumb: ...what sucks is probably by the time it comes out gas will be 4+ dollars a gal:furious3:

2.2TurboIII
04-25-2018, 08:50 AM
Beautiful Car!!!

gudeman00
04-25-2018, 08:51 AM
yeah that car really sets my nuts afire:thumb: ...what sucks is probably by the time it comes out gas will be 4+ dollars a gal:furious3:

Which is why I want to start saving for it now. If it's only going to come out in the higher performing version (....425hp hemi?) and in limited numbers, it's going to be expensive. I do want it bad enough though.

1bad4dr
04-26-2018, 06:08 AM
Which is why I want to start saving for it now. If it's only going to come out in the higher performing version (....425hp hemi?) and in limited numbers, it's going to be expensive. I do want it bad enough though.
Yea, the Challenger will be my next venture... It will come in two different styles, the R/T @ 425hp and the SRT8 @ 500+ hp.... Both will feature a 6 speed only. Can't wait. Word on the street (or forums anyway) is that DCX is trying to get this car out very soon. They want to corner the muscle car market before Ford intro's the new Cobra and Cheby's Camaro... We shall see.

And for informational purposes, it is the LX platform, not the 300 platform.

The LX includes the 300's, Magnum's, and Charger's. Incase you did not know.

gudeman00
04-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Yea, the Challenger will be my next venture... It will come in two different styles, the R/T @ 425hp and the SRT8 @ 500+ hp.... Both will feature a 6 speed only. Can't wait. Word on the street (or forums anyway) is that DCX is trying to get this car out very soon. They want to corner the muscle car market before Ford intro's the new Cobra and Cheby's Camaro... We shall see.

And for informational purposes, it is the LX platform, not the 300 platform.

The LX includes the 300's, Magnum's, and Charger's. Incase you did not know.

I got my info from leftlanenews, not sure where you're getting your info but awesome.

How soon is very soon? i won't be able to afford it if it's too soon, and if it's in limited numbers I'm screwed. I was figuring 3-4 years. By then I'll have been out of school for a year or two and would want to award myself with this car :thumb:
I don't want anything more right now than a new Challenger with 4-500 hp.

SRT Challenger > everything

1bad4dr
04-26-2018, 05:37 PM
I got my info from leftlanenews, not sure where you're getting your info but awesome.

How soon is very soon? i won't be able to afford it if it's too soon, and if it's in limited numbers I'm screwed. I was figuring 3-4 years. By then I'll have been out of school for a year or two and would want to award myself with this car :thumb:
I don't want anything more right now than a new Challenger with 4-500 hp.

SRT Challenger > everything
My info is coming from a DCX newsletter. As a moderator of my main forum, I am privey to certain things...:thumb:

DCX wants to corner the muscle car market with this beauty, but realistically, they will have to share with Ford.... Cheby is going to lose out for waiting so long to reintro the Camaro. ah bummer... Not really..lol

The R/T will probably be the first on the market with the SRT following months later.... IMO. Still not sure on production numbers though... Talk is talk, and I wouldn't bank on any info (even mine) until it is an actual press release from DCX...

gudeman00
05-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Last I heard was rumors of a 7.2 L SRT-8 (500+ hp)

amazing

DJ2
05-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Last I heard was rumors of a 7.2 L SRT-8 (500+ hp)

amazing
<--- gets a boner:jester:

gudeman00
06-30-2018, 01:13 PM
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Chrysler Group is preparing to announce that it has decided to go ahead with production of the Dodge Challenger Concept, according to today's Detroit Free Press. The announcement will be made at the Pepsi 400 NASCAR race in Daytona Beach on Saturday, the report said. The car could come to market as soon as next year, as a 2018 model, Freep said. The newspaper didn't provide further details, other than saying insiders confirmed the decision had been made, and an announcement was imminent. Interestingly, Chrysler has scheduled a media briefing for 12:30 p.m. tomorrow afternoon. Could it be related? We'll keep you posted. [See also: our full report on the Dodge Challenger Concept]. Update: The Wall Street Journal is also reporting that the Challenger has been approved for production. The announcement was moved forward several months to create some buzz for Chrysler, the report says.

leftlanenews

SassySRT
06-30-2018, 01:15 PM
Saw several threads about this on the forums.

Cant wait til it hits the showroom floor! :thumb:

Tom Joad
06-30-2018, 01:44 PM
Looks like my big turbo fund may become my Dodge Challenger fund.

n3m3515SRT4
06-30-2018, 02:19 PM
Does anybody want to buy my SRT-4 cuz izz gotz to get me one of these.

SilverSRT4bang
06-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Ill prob end up getting one since the srt will be paid off by then.:ftard: :ftard: :ftard: :ftard: :ftard: :ftard: :ftard:

punkrokdood
06-30-2018, 03:24 PM
i might get one and put a trailer hitch on it to tow the srt.... redneck style

:rofl:

ViscousCircles
06-30-2018, 03:27 PM
omg I better start saving!

gudeman00
07-02-2018, 12:58 PM
^^^ looks like we're all thinking the same. I probably won't be able to get one right away because it'll be right when I graduate and i'll be in the market for a house.

Tom Joad
07-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Upon reflection I expect this car will probably be way too heavy for my tastes. If the SRT team can find a way to trim enough fat to get it in the mid-low 3000 lbs range. That is one hot car though. Is the telemetry gauge gonna make it into production? :hit:

gudeman00
07-04-2018, 10:10 AM
More info

Chrysler will use its Brampton, Ontario plant to build 30,000 Dodge Challengers per year, according to a report by Canada's Globe and Mail. The report confirms previous rumors that the Challenger would be a relatively low-volume model, with a limited number of configurations. The Brampton plant currently builds all Dodge Magnum, Charger and Chrysler 300C units. With sales of those vehicles slowing slightly, there will be room for production of the Challenger. In April, a published report indicated that the car would be offered as a V8 manual-only configuration. Chrysler's strategy contrasts with GM's plan to sell 100,000 Camaros annually, in both V8 and V6 configurations. Yearly production of the Ford Mustang is even higher — 192,000 units in 2018.

lln

ViscousCircles
07-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Anybody get the new motor trend? There's a good read on the challenger.

gudeman00
07-05-2018, 06:41 PM
I'll have to go pick it up... i'll check it out online.

ViscousCircles
07-05-2018, 06:42 PM
If not I can try scanning it.

|