View Full Version : D-TEC Discussion

neonsohc
11-02-2020, 05:28 PM
Since i'm looking to get this i figured we need a thread for questions and discussions about the system.
help with:
Install
set up
DTEC to Vehicle connection
Tuning
and everything else having to do with the DTEC

BrooklinSRT4
03-27-2020, 04:52 PM
So anyone having problems? would a bad map sensor mess up the fuel settings? the volts running in and out of my Dtec are fine so it says but i am dumping fuel at idel and while driving normal. on my aem of the chart rich. oh and the wiring is not the problem it would show with the volts on the dtec.

warman
03-30-2020, 04:16 PM
So anyone having problems? would a bad map sensor mess up the fuel settings? the volts running in and out of my Dtec are fine so it says but i am dumping fuel at idel and while driving normal. on my aem of the chart rich. oh and the wiring is not the problem it would show with the volts on the dtec.

You'll probably need to pull more fuel at idle.

Post more info about your setup so people may be able to help.

I'm not an expert though, I just ordered mine yesterday lol.

gudeman00
05-16-2020, 11:59 AM
Okay, question.

I found a good deal on the dtec for 300 with the game boy advance, think I should buy it just to have for later? I'm not sure exactly when the point that I will need it is...
after exhaust, wideband, return line.... so it'll be a few months before I'm to the point of needing it but I might buy it just in case... opinions? Do i even need it?

punkrokdood
05-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Okay, question.

I found a good deal on the dtec for 300 with the game boy advance, think I should buy it just to have for later? I'm not sure exactly when the point that I will need it is...
after exhaust, wideband, return line.... so it'll be a few months before I'm to the point of needing it but I might buy it just in case... opinions? Do i even need it?
you can use it right after the wideband if you want to... it'll be best to use it after the return line though :thumb:

that's not a bad deal though... i have a brand new one sitting around that might be going up for sale

DJ2
05-16-2020, 12:25 PM
is it the FC/BC PRD? I am thinking about changing from E01/emanage to dtec...

since you might be selling it... I could put out a feeler for mine :)

punkrokdood
05-16-2020, 01:05 PM
is it the FC/BC PRD? I am thinking about changing from E01/emanage to dtec...

since you might be selling it... I could put out a feeler for mine :)
its jsut the FC... you can get it upgraded to FC/BC through turboxs directly i believe, you just have to pay for the reflash and the boost control solenoid

DJ2
05-16-2020, 01:12 PM
ok.. I'll think about that then...

punkrokdood
05-16-2020, 02:14 PM
marcus...
if you're going with a piggyback, i think d-tec is about the best there is for our car. emanage is a GREAT piggyback too, but it is expensive, and most of the features that make emanage great don't work on our cars. (at least not very well)

Tom Joad
05-16-2020, 02:27 PM
marcus...
if you're going with a piggyback, i think d-tec is about the best there is for our car. emanage is a GREAT piggyback too, but it is expensive, and most of the features that make emanage great don't work on our cars. (at least not very well)

Plus some random cars don't like it very much. I can't get mine to run for more then 50 miles before I get limp mode. :furious3: :ftard: I'm ditching the e-manage for an SAFC.

If I didn't already have the E-01 for a boost controller/datalogger I'd be going with DTEC. :thumb:

punkrokdood
05-16-2020, 02:37 PM
Plus some random cars don't like it very much. I can't get mine to run for more then 50 miles before I get limp mode. :furious3: :ftard: I'm ditching the e-manage for an SAFC.

If I didn't already have the E-01 for a boost controller/datalogger I'd be going with DTEC. :thumb:
dtec FC has better resolution than the safc, and it doesn't require a tach driver, which actually makes it a little cheaper :thumb:

gudeman00
05-16-2020, 04:40 PM
marcus...

Well I can never decide on how much to mod the car.. but it seemed like a deal too good to pass up. I'll have to talk to him again about it.

Dtec is the ONLY piggyback i have considered.

Overcome
05-17-2020, 05:00 AM
Now who would sell a DTEC FC for $300 WITH a GB SP?? That is just crazy talk...

Buckonine
05-17-2020, 07:30 AM
Well $300 for Dtec/FC and GB would be great buy, at least I would serious thing of getting one for that price. (which I have)

eVilcreations
10-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to put in a DTEC FC, and need a Map if anyone has one. Stock Turbo, S1/S1 Injectors, lots of bolt-ons.....

Josh

whiteACRsrt05
11-04-2020, 08:22 PM
25% throttle=-20 from top to bottom
50% throttle=-20 from top to bottom
75% throttle=-25 @800rpm then -20 to the bottom
100% throttle=-25 @800 rpm to 2250...2500 to 2750=-20 then back to -25 to the bottom
when i say bottom that means 6500rpm you will know when you look at the map screen.

TRY these at you own risk!! It is a kinda rich setting but it will get you started.:thumb: I switched to big turdbo:ftard: and i cant find my tweak'd #'s i had for the stocker set up you might try even going with a little lower #'s say 18.5 or so for the first try.:first:

hope you are putting in a nice wide band o2 sensor

eVilcreations
11-04-2020, 09:16 PM
Hey thanks man.....that I will try out with CAUTION for sure. And yes, I've had a wideband for a bit now....AEM 2 Channel UEGO Controller with AEM UEGO Display. :thumb:

Josh

DJOrtiz
05-21-2020, 09:23 PM
i got a AEM wideband on and at idle it kinda sits there at 14.5-15.1.... when i go to give more fuel,

i go to gear 1 (boost per gear) and pull from TPS 25% right?

well i do that and its stays there at 14.5-15.1..... can anybody help...

boostinsrt
05-27-2020, 12:19 AM
I got a DTEC used, and the plug for the knock light isn't there. The wires are. Can anyone tell me what wire goes where on the brain? I got a plug for it, but I'm not sure where they go.

|