View Full Version : E-Manage Discussion

Hitman
11-02-2019, 06:52 PM
I just figured since there are some Greddy E-Manage owners out there and many are new to it, this thread might be useful for the E-manage Veteran users to help others. And keep the load of Hector from Exhaust Depot.

help with:
Install
set up
Wiring
MapsA fully configured Emanage can now be bought from Exhaust Depot (http://www.exhaustdepot.com/)
Please try to keep this thread "E-Manage" only.

__________________________________________________ __________

E-Manage Mini (http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64377#) Wiring How To by SY04SRT4

It's a car hackers paradise with pirated copies of the support tool available, homade chip cables, intracate circuit board schematics etc... It's really a sweet product that I definitely wish would become more widely used!

HERE it is in MS Word .doc format
http://home.comcast.net/~pbateman/emanage1_0.doc (http://home.comcast.net/~pbateman/emanage1_0.doc)

And in text..

E-Manage Mini Config/Wiring How To

By: Chad - SY04SRT4
EM: chad5160@excite.com (chad5160@excite.com)
AIM: chad5160

Inside the E-Manage

The E-Manage is such a “universal” unit that there is a little bit of pre-config that has to be done before you mount the main control box or hook up any wires. There are some jumpers inside that need to be checked/changed and the 3 POTentiometers under the front panel that need to be set. Always set the 5 front Airflow Adjust POTS to 0 and do all the adjustment with a laptop or the E-01. You will NOT get accurate or repeatable results using them!

To open the unit remove the four screws from the bottom and the 4 hex head screws from the front cover. The front cover is the side with the USB jack and the 5 exposed “Airflow Adjust” POTs. You DO NOT need to remove the back cover. After the front cover is off slide the board out gently. This is where we want to check the jumpers. All NEW E-Manages are shipped with these settings in the correct default (no V-Tec) values, but I would double check. The Jumpers need to be set like this:

Jumper - Setting
JP1 - 1-2
JP2 - 1-2
JP3 - 1-2
JP4 - OPEN
JP5 - OPEN
JP6 - OPEN
JP7 - 1-2

At this point you can slide the board back in and install the 4 bottom screws to hold it in place. Leave the cover off for now. The front that is now exposed is where the 3 POTs are for the Airflow Sensor type. These are VERY important so double check. The POTs we are worried about are 1-3 starting from the left to right. The far right POTs 5&6 don’t matter because we just disabled V-Tec with the Jumpers!

POT - Setting
1 - 2
2 - 4
3 - 1

If these are correct the Airflow Sensor should read out as TY_PR_2. You’ll see that either on the laptop Support Software or E-01 once it’s all done.

The Main E-Manage Wiring

The basic wiring on the E-Manage unit consists of:

Power
Ground
Airflow In (MAP)
Airflow Out (MAP)
Tach (http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64377#)/RPM
Throttle Position (TP)

The wiring should be tapped off the main PCM harnesses. You will only need to attack harness C1 (Black) and C2 (Orange). Always have a copy of your E-Manage manual and PCM diagrams handy!! Always check the wires by pin location. Some wire colorings vary slightly through production. It’s always good to double check!

Here is how the wiring corresponds:

E-Manage - PCM Harness Location
Power [Red] - C1 - 11 - [Dark Blue/Red] This is a RUN-START +12v

Ground - C1 - 9 - Good ground, some people go straight to the battery.

Airflow In [White] - C2 - 23 - [Dark Green/Red] This is the Input of the MAP signal. This wire needs to be cut and the end going to the CAR connected here. [B]VERY IMPORTANT

Airflow Out [Green] - C2 - 23 - [Dark Green/Red] This is the Output of the
MAP signal. This wire needs to be cut and the end going to the PCM connected here.[B] VERY IMPORTANT

Tach/RPM [Brown] - Needs to be connected to a “tach” source such as an MSD (http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64377#) tach driver.

Throttle Position [Gray] - C2 - 21 - [Orange/Dark Blue stripe] Throttle Position

Injector Harness

Make sure you get a Greddy brand harness and not some knockoff or the colors will be off! This "harness" is a bunch of wires you connect in to the existing main E-Manage harness. They come with the proper pins on them and just click in to the main connector. The E-Manage is even available with the harness new as well.

The wiring needed on the injector harness consists of:

E-Manage - PCM Harness Location
Injector Channel 1 - C2 – 14 – [White/Dark Blue] Injector Control 1
Injector Channel 2 [Orange/Red] - C2 – 13 – [Tan] Injector Control 2
Injector Channel 3 [Yellow/Red] - C2 – 12 – [Yellow/White] Injector Control 3
Injector Channel 4 [Purple/Red] - C2 – 11 – [Light Blue/Brown] Injector Control 4
Ground - C1 - 9 - [Black/White] Good ground, some people go straight to the battery.

[B]Ignition Harness

Yes, it can work, but needs modification! Just don’t hook it up. You will fry the IC for the Ignition Control. If you have the harness, tape the wires and stay tuned for more info!

__________________________________________________ _________________

[B]Mopar Injector Conversions

Below are the Mopar injector sizing then converted to 43.5psi of fuel pressure (http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64377#). This is useful once you go with larger injectors and need the conversion numbers to scale down the new larger injectors (530cc, 650cc, 750cc etc)

SQRT of New Pressure/Old Pressure=Value * OLD_FLOW_RATE
Convert injector rating @ 58 psi to 43.5 psi:
SQRT of 43.5/58=.866025 * INJECTOR_FLOW_RATE

Stock 2003 SRT4 (524cc/min @ 58# * .866025=454cc/min @ 43.5 psi)
Stage 1/2004 SRT4 (577cc/min @ 58# * .866025=500cc/min @ 43.5 psi)
Stage 2 (682cc/min @ 58# * .866025=591cc/min @ 43.5 psi)
http://www.rceng.com/formula-4.gif

Hitman
11-02-2019, 06:53 PM
Silverscooby posted this on 6/24/04. Just adding it to the thread about Emanage to help jump start it.
__________________________________________________ _______________________
Installed the e-01 a couple weeks ago and it has worked great. Finally got the time to hook up the emanage over this past weekend. Not too bad with Hector's instructions and help, just took a while to solder everything together.

The car started fine, didnt throw any error codes or check engine (http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64377#) lights. The "Active" LED was a solid green on the e-manage itself which is good. Only thing I was missing was a USB cable to run from the e-01 to the e-manage.

So I picked one up yesterday and today connected it from the e-01 to the e-manage. Start the car up and I get a screen on the e-01 display asking if I want to update my e-manage. I click yes and get a transmission error. Okay.... restart the car. This time I click no. Now it asks me if I want to update the e-01 and the e-01 display. I click no.

So the e-01 display is doing it's thing, but I notice I can't get TPS to display. It's getting no reading from the e-manage like it should. It just reads 0%. While talking on the phone with Hector (trying to get this thing sorted out) we notice the maps are all zero'd out as well. Like they were erased or something. No problem, Hector walked me through them and we re-entered the map clamp and the fuel portion.

I saved the new maps to Data3 on the e-01. I then tried to export them to the e-manage. Communication error. I tried to import ... communication error. To add to all this, I now have a check engine light and the car stalls out whenever I start it up.

Also, my e-manage "Active" led is blinking green/yellow/red. I dont get it, the install is correct. That was verified by the solid green active led on the e-manage up to this point. All I did was connect the usb cable and now all hell broke loose.

SrtSuper20G
11-21-2019, 05:14 PM
_____ _______________________[/B][/U][/I]
Installed the e-01 a couple weeks ago and it has worked great. Finally got the time to hook up the emanage over this past weekend. Not too bad with Hector's instructions and help, just took a while to solder everything together.

The car started fine, didnt throw any error codes or check engine (http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64377#) lights. The "Active" LED was a solid green on the e-manage itself which is good. Only thing I was missing was a USB cable to run from the e-01 to the e-manage.

So I picked one up yesterday and today connected it from the e-01 to the e-manage. Start the car up and I get a screen on the e-01 display asking if I want to update my e-manage. I click yes and get a transmission error. Okay.... restart the car. This time I click no. Now it asks me if I want to update the e-01 and the e-01 display. I click no.

So the e-01 display is doing it's thing, but I notice I can't get TPS to display. It's getting no reading from the e-manage like it should. It just reads 0%. While talking on the phone with Hector (trying to get this thing sorted out) we notice the maps are all zero'd out as well. Like they were erased or something. No problem, Hector walked me through them and we re-entered the map clamp and the fuel portion.

I saved the new maps to Data3 on the e-01. I then tried to export them to the e-manage. Communication error. I tried to import ... communication error. To add to all this, I now have a check engine light and the car stalls out whenever I start it up.

Also, my e-manage "Active" led is blinking green/yellow/red. I dont get it, the install is correct. That was verified by the solid green active led on the e-manage up to this point. All I did was connect the usb cable and now all hell broke loose.[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm having this EXACT same problem!:furious3: Does anyone know what caused this to happen and how it was fixed??

Thanks.

Tom Joad
11-22-2019, 08:27 AM
If anybody would like to discuss how they calibrated their e-manage to work with the 04 PCM that would be great.

|