View Full Version : What do you think?...New option for knob

svt2srt4
02-17-2019, 11:55 PM
i made this for a member on norcal and just thought id see what you guys think of it....
http://teamgreenracing.mypicgallery.com/braggingrights/v17feb2019-002_large.jpghttp://teamgreenracing.mypicgallery.com/braggingrights/v17feb2019-003_large.jpg
http://teamgreenracing.mypicgallery.com/braggingrights/v17feb2019-004_large.jpg
its a recessed momentary switch for actuating Nos intercooler mister/sprayer or whatever you want.....please vote :thumb:

gspeedaddict
02-17-2019, 11:56 PM
nice.Thats good shit dude

Brian spillner would aprove

svt2srt4
02-17-2019, 11:58 PM
nice.Thats good shit dude

Brian spillner would aprove
thanks..now vote bish:rofl:

hozay09
02-18-2019, 12:13 AM
Isn't that what SpecJ wanted over on 4mation? I know a few folks that would love that design.

svt2srt4
02-18-2019, 12:22 AM
Isn't that what SpecJ wanted over on 4mation? I know a few folks that would love that design.
i think he wanted 2 momentary switches...but yeah i should probablly post this over there also:thumb:

lunchbox660
02-18-2019, 01:32 AM
i like it...i could use that to activate my high boost instead of the rocker i am currently using...that way i can keep my hand on the shifter. nice idea!

liteshow
02-18-2019, 07:14 AM
You should make it have a cover so you can hide it. Then right before the race pop it off and bam you're in bussiness.

Intruudir
02-18-2019, 09:17 AM
You should make it have a cover so you can hide it. Then right before the race pop it off and bam you're in bussiness.

yes!!

gspeedaddict
02-18-2019, 10:21 AM
eric you should donate some points to this cat:lol:

liteshow
02-18-2019, 03:29 PM
The only thing is you're still going to have to hide that 18-22 gauge wire. But I think drilling a tiny tunnel through the top of the rod down far enough to pass the boot and then one sideways into it will do the trick.

svt2srt4
02-18-2019, 07:08 PM
The only thing is you're still going to have to hide that 18-22 gauge wire. But I think drilling a tiny tunnel through the top of the rod down far enough to pass the boot and then one sideways into it will do the trick.
right now just to accomodate the wires there is a groove in the collet that secures the knob to the shaft for running the wires down the side of the shaft due to the shaft being solid and a very hard material and shape to drill thru...:thumb:

MSMoores
02-18-2019, 07:14 PM
That's bad ass. I'd be tempted to buy one just for the hell of it and tell people to be very careful not to touch it because it fires the missiles.

gspeedaddict
02-18-2019, 07:16 PM
That's bad ass. I'd be tempted to buy one just for the hell of it and tell people to be very careful not to touch it because it fires the missiles.
LMFAO!

i just remembered that movie Licensed to kill with richard grieco :lol:

ps i just put my knob on,make sure you screw the damn thing on tight

svt2srt4
02-18-2019, 07:19 PM
please vote:rofl: and i was kinda thinking of a decal to go around it saying GO BABY GO!...you know like eleanor from gone in 60 sec....but when pushed all it does is activate a led display that says GO BABY GO!...or would taht be rice:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MSMoores
02-18-2019, 07:52 PM
please vote:rofl: and i was kinda thinking of a decal to go around it saying GO BABY GO!...you know like eleanor from gone in 60 sec....but when pushed all it does is activate a led display that says GO BABY GO!...or would taht be rice:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I dunno, ask noTe. Where has he been, anyway? ...:lol:

gspeedaddict
02-18-2019, 07:55 PM
fuck noTe

svt2srt4
02-19-2019, 11:44 AM
fuck noTe

IM WITH JOO BRUDDA:stupid:

zooey
02-19-2019, 10:09 PM
Will we be able to buy just the top section of this one?(for those of us that already bought the first one)I'm assuming that it will be threaded the same.....

punkrokdood
02-20-2019, 09:30 AM
Will we be able to buy just the top section of this one?(for those of us that already bought the first one)I'm assuming that it will be threaded the same.....
x's 2 :thumb:

plus, i'd like one that wasn't momentary, like a push on/ push off type... and possibly something that was a little bigger button, like almost the whole top or the knob. I want it for the same reason lunchbox does... activating high boost :thumb:

something similar to this possibly

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50226446/Pushbutton_Switch.jpg

http://hongbo.en.alibaba.com/product/50049567/50226446/GQ_Series_Anti_vandal_pushbutton_switches/Pushbutton_Switch/showimg.html

svt2srt4
02-20-2019, 10:24 AM
x's 2 :thumb:

plus, i'd like one that wasn't momentary, like a push on/ push off type... and possibly something that was a little bigger button, like almost the whole top or the knob. I want it for the same reason lunchbox does... activating high boost :thumb:

something similar to this possibly

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50226446/Pushbutton_Switch.jpg

http://hongbo.en.alibaba.com/product/50049567/50226446/GQ_Series_Anti_vandal_pushbutton_switches/Pushbutton_Switch/showimg.html
that was my idea for the dual stage boost controller with a high boost switch..or a ebc with a high boost switch....and the answer is yes i can make these to be compatible with your bottoms....although im all out of the blanks i used to make these so there will be a hell of alot more machining needed to be done to these to accomodate the switch especially a switch of that size..also the guy who bought this knob w/switch paid $50 for the knob and that was cus it was a prototype....but ill look into this switch you want brandon and ill see what it will cost me to do this and ill get back to you and lunchbox about the price:thumb: ...maybe if you send me your tops i can knock some off the price or something:ftard:

punkrokdood
02-20-2019, 10:27 AM
maybe if you send me your tops i can knock some off the price or something:ftard:
that would work for me...

with a switch like that, it looks like you could just tap the top of the knob and screw it in directly to the knob instead of trying to use the lock nut on it... jsut a thought

svt2srt4
02-20-2019, 10:40 AM
that would work for me...

with a switch like that, it looks like you could just tap the top of the knob and screw it in directly to the knob instead of trying to use the lock nut on it... jsut a thought
i tried that at first but its impossible to find a tap to match the threads of the switch....and i have british standard metric , npt and ght, metric and a few other sets of taps and none match....its a weird really fine thread..but the threads on the switch you like might be different:thumb:

punkrokdood
02-20-2019, 10:43 AM
i tried that at first but its impossible to find a tap to match the threads of the switch....and i have british standard metric , npt and ght, metric and a few other sets of taps and none match....its a weird really fine thread..but the threads on the switch you like might be different:thumb:
i may just go out and find my own switch that i like, to make sure i get the right fitment, and everything that i'm looking for... I'll let you know :thumb:

svt2srt4
02-20-2019, 10:51 AM
i may just go out and find my own switch that i like, to make sure i get the right fitment, and everything that i'm looking for... I'll let you know :thumb:
sounds good:thumb:

Intruudir
03-03-2019, 12:16 PM
before offering more options you should make it fit better...I realize you made the diameter a bit large so that it would fit many gear shift levers....but it is way too big.... my gearshift knob is a $40.00 paperweight..........

svt2srt4
03-03-2019, 12:20 PM
before offering more options you should make it fit better...I realize you made the diameter a bit large so that it would fitt many gear shift knobs....but it is way too big.... my gearshift knob is a $40.00 paperweight..........
please explain....if you have an issue all you had to do is pm me about it ...like i said i stand behind any thing i make...out of 19 knobs sold and shipped you are the only one calling it a paper weight....:ftard:

MSMoores
03-03-2019, 12:22 PM
I like mine. :thumb:

Broken5hift
03-03-2019, 01:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHHA if you ever get jacked you can bean em with your knob weight

MSMoores
03-03-2019, 01:11 PM

it is pretty heavy. :thumb:

MSMoores
03-03-2019, 01:20 PM

The more I think about it, the more I like this idea.

Make the next knob have a spring loaded spike instead of a hidden compartment.

Broken5hift
03-03-2019, 01:32 PM
The more I think about it, the more I like this idea.

Make the next knob have a spring loaded spike instead of a hidden compartment.

or a pita holder built onto it

|