View Full Version : What you would like to see next

Broken5hift
03-14-2017, 09:21 AM
As of late car makers have been stepping it up with their products. Cars are now faster, better mpg, have aftermarket styling and reliability. retro is in and so are big engines. but whats next? after this trend hits its plateau whats gonna be next to propel us into the next frenzy?

Personnaly im loving this revive of the retro muscle car makes. i would throw out mpg for whp any day. The manufacturers are being smart too, making a wide variety of each model available so everyone can get in on it. In this engine craze even the smallest and most basic of cars, like the civic, has been juiced up to 200hp. which is laughable to most of us but only a few years ago they were at 110hp. thats a 90hp gain in about 4-6 years. The general car is now anything but. the top sellers are getting stylish makeovers and engines to go not save. the new cars comming out all require some sort of gimmick to offer if they even stand a chance at competing with the veterans of the automotive market. It used to be you would buy a car and you would look for things to improve on. speed, looks, suspension. now most people are happy with all these things in their cars now, sure most of us will still improve on them but when you hear people buying cars its no longer "im gonna get a body kit" or "i wanna turbo this" instead its "the car looks great as is" and "the cars fast right from the showroom floor".

Alot of companies are racing to come out with performance hybrids, to battle the cost of gas. Recently i saw the performance project car students built using a vegetable oil substitute for gas. 0-60 in 4 seconds i believe with something like 40-50 mpg?

Where we are at seems like a pinacle of overall value and ideas in the automotive market but what could be next and what are we missing?

Tom Joad
03-14-2017, 09:54 AM
A mini-van that pulls a G on the skidpad, runs the quarter in 14 seconds flat, and returns 30 mpg?

SinisterSRT4
03-14-2017, 10:06 AM
awd turbo runs on alky/water

Broken5hift
03-14-2017, 10:08 AM
A mini-van that pulls a G on the skidpad, runs the quarter in 14 seconds flat, and returns 30 mpg?

apparently you havent seen mercedes new minivan/SUT

my neighbors have it. sick.

Tom Joad
03-14-2017, 10:13 AM
apparently you havent seen mercedes new minivan/SUT

my neighbors have it. sick.

*Googling Mecedes minivan/SUT*

|