View Full Version : crowers

squeek360
03-14-2019, 11:01 PM
..............discuss as you may :jester:
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2184/dsc053674la.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9797/mov0537500015rf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

thus far the owner was not thrilled........the comparrison to his last dyno showed virtually no significant gains.........S3 basic supporting mods, can't remember the #'s off hand, but once he posts something on the local forum, I'll update :thumb:

no idea who installed them, but in chatting with the owner, he said they were installed straight up......thinking he's pissed he didn't install adjustable gears at the same time :furious3: :gossip:

punkrokdood
03-14-2019, 11:04 PM
..............discuss as you may :jester:
thus far the owner was not thrilled........the comparrison to his last dyno showed virtually no significant gains.........S3 basic supporting mods, can't remember the #'s off hand, but once he posts something on the local forum, I'll update :thumb:

no idea who installed them, but in chatting with the owner, he said they were installed straight up......thinking he's pissed he didn't install adjustable gears at the same time :furious3: :gossip:
well, that would make sense... kinda pointless to do cams without doing adjustable gears... now he has to take it all apart again to install the gears :lol:

squeek360
03-14-2019, 11:14 PM
yes exactly, no idea who was advising him :ftard: ...... sounded like they theorized that due to them being an "srt-4" specific grind, that adjustment wouldn't be necessary

either way, a possitive thinker focus's on the fact that atleast he didn't lose power :rofl:

punkrokdood
03-14-2019, 11:17 PM
yes exactly, no idea who was advising him :ftard: ...... sounded like they theorized that due to them being an "srt-4" specific grind, that adjustment wouldn't be necessary

either way, a possitive thinker focus's on the fact that atleast he didn't lose power :rofl:
:werd:
that would have sucked... i'd like to see results though... especially with gears too. i'm assuming this is an otherwise stock head?

squeek360
03-14-2019, 11:29 PM
that would have sucked... i'd like to see results though... especially with gears too. i'm assuming this is an otherwise stock head?

as far as I know yes, he made mention of headwork in the recent past , but to the best of my knowledge that hasn't happened yet....... He doesn't post up much on forums, but if nothing shows up locally soon, I'll pm him over there and make him give up the goods behind the scenes :thumb:

squeek360
03-17-2019, 12:32 PM
stock cams he dyno'd 328hp 344ft-tq ........ so within that range(pump gas so no hom, they ran 1 successful hom run that yeilded 380hp379tq but the operator ran that one in 3rd so it couldn't even be compared with previous hom runs)...if I recall correctly tq was slightly up, hp slightly down, curve nearly identical....they kept having signal issues as well and only got in a few successful runs...... he's got a head being ported as we speak, he's gonna check some basics, boost leaks etc. and re dyno in a few weeks, if it still shows no gains, he's gonna put 16's in with the new head.....I'll update when he hits the dyno again :thumb:

Broken5hift
03-17-2019, 12:37 PM
some people really shouldnt mod cars :ftard:

squeek360
03-17-2019, 12:43 PM
still beyond me why gears didn't go there

punkrokdood
03-17-2019, 12:47 PM
still beyond me why gears didn't go there

i think that with gears, he'll EASILY see the gains he wants. both cams and gears can make power on their own, but the 2 combined is where you get the good gains :thumb:

phillysrt4
03-21-2019, 10:00 AM
the cam specs LOOK like crane 12's, but I dont have my cam card in front of me so i'm not 100% sure.

In any event, when my cams were clocked 0-0 on S2 I actually got a peak HP loss, but more torque in the midrange by a few lb-ft. It took my clocking the cams with gears to get about a 14hp gain in midrange and 12hp peak gain on pump gas. Only got 5hp peak gain on HOM, but again about 10 through the midrange.

I had a vacum leak at the time though, so those numbers might be better now that the boost is stable. But yea, putting them in without gears doesn't buy you as much as with gears, and with stage 2 anyway dont expect to get these mad 30hp gains that some people claim unless you get some porting work done or a better o2 housing to improve flow.

stunuts04
03-24-2019, 09:49 AM
I hope there are better gains with stage 3 when you tune them.

phillysrt4
03-25-2019, 09:18 PM
you and me both

shawnturbo
05-26-2019, 09:16 PM
I have the Crower Stage 2 cams in my srt4 dont have stock cam Dyno run but with the crowers and Fiduanza cam gears we put down 292hp- 342tq.
dynojet 4th gear pull. Oh, and the car has a TRUE STOCK (untouched) turbo/exaust mani./O2 housing.
Cam gears were very important I picked up like 18ft. lb. of tq. by adv. intake
4* and retarding exaust 2* over zeroed out or straight up settings.:thumb:

el_jefe
05-27-2019, 10:24 AM
I am still thinking that standalone + cams is where it's at.

phillysrt4
05-27-2019, 09:12 PM
I am still thinking that standalone + cams is where it's at.

one money sink at a time :jester:

uberingram
05-28-2019, 12:06 AM
I think alot of people neglect the gears because it requires dyno time to get them dialed so they just buy the bump sticks in hopes of calling it quits on modding the cylinder head.

+1 for cam gears on aftermarket cams.
+2 for dyno time.

phucough
06-04-2019, 05:55 PM
Cams without gears=retarded.Ive got Crower S1(similar to crane 14s)and fidanzas.Only picked up about 20hp/25tq but the turbo spools about 500rpms faster and mid range and top end is awesome.This is on stock valvetrain and stockhead.If you think you can drop in cams and pick up big power,your lame.They are an awesome tool to tune but not a magic power adder like a big snail or n20.

Ultimateone
06-04-2019, 05:59 PM
Makes no sense, hell Im jealous he has cams and installed them....but no cam gears?

|