View Full Version : spark plug reading......

squeek360
03-15-2019, 07:50 PM
........any input appreciated :thumb:

best pics I could manage to take

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/818/plug44tk.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3590/plug21cy.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3407/plug31he.jpg

gapped at about 38thou with pos gapper
S1 / S2 wga (stock lines)
ported stock turbo and exhaust manifold(recently installed)plugs installed at time of install, approx 1 month ago.
3" o2 housing /maxxfab catless side exit with resonator(recently installed)
psi-fi bfmic (recently installed*boost dropped about 2psi overall after install*)
K&n drop in
that should be about it for mods that count, pic up my wideband tomorrow so I have no idea what my afr is currently

cars been boosting funny lately and feels flat on it's face/then fine/then flat on it's face/and so on....messed with my wga so much I have no idea where the preload is at..

...initial plans, gap all plugs to .035 with digital vernier caliper for better acuracy this time :lol: , start at square 1 with wga by setting at just above zero preload /reset the ecu , go do a few pulls and see where I'm at :stab: add preload in half turn increments until she seems happy

thoughts??

3rdgenguy
03-15-2019, 07:58 PM
not real sure on boosted car but they appear to be burning normal, not all white and not dark... they should be a greyish color but i really cant tell in the pics you posted

squeek360
03-15-2019, 08:24 PM
yeah, the pics pretty much suck ....... thinking my issues are with the wga more so than the plugs..........these are probably just the best plugs I've ever seen since I'm so use to running pig rich that it took me by surprise.

I'm probably just over thinking based on doing so much at once , so I'll just check the typical things and go back to square 1 , and save the tweaking for after the wideband is installed :thumbsup:

DJ2
03-15-2019, 08:58 PM
I started my mods with S1/S2WGA. I found 0 preload worked best for me... any preload at all and I got same results as you... sometimes spiking over 23 psi.... 0 preload gave me 18 spike 14 redline....

yes that was on stock lines...

squeek360
03-15-2019, 10:13 PM
I started my mods with S1/S2WGA. I found 0 preload worked best for me... any preload at all and I got same results as you... sometimes spiking over 23 psi.... 0 preload gave me 18 spike 14 redline....

yes that was on stock lines...

yeah, thats exactly how I ran last year and it was an awesome setup.........initially after I swapped in the ported turbo setup, I had it spiking 18-20 and holding a flat 15......my trans broke 2 days later and when I got the car back , obviously the pcm got reset when they had the trans out, so the boost went weird as a result and I started messing with the adjustment while somewhat distracted and wound up clueless as to where I began :jester: ...........bloody weather is crazy up here lately too which doesn't help, espescially with that computer in the loop, but I generally don't see extreme differences based on the temps 1-2 psi tops.

DJ2
03-15-2019, 10:53 PM
yeah, thats exactly how I ran last year and it was an awesome setup.........initially after I swapped in the ported turbo setup, I had it spiking 18-20 and holding a flat 15......my trans broke 2 days later and when I got the car back , obviously the pcm got reset when they had the trans out, so the boost went weird as a result and I started messing with the adjustment while somewhat distracted and wound up clueless as to where I began :jester: ...........bloody weather is crazy up here lately too which doesn't help, espescially with that computer in the loop, but I generally don't see extreme differences based on the temps 1-2 psi tops.
took my PCM about 30 miles of driving.. normal and "spirited" to get the WGA back under control after I reset the PCM...

OLDGUY
05-10-2019, 03:16 PM
http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Spark_Plugs_catalog.html

THE CHART IN HER IS EXCELENT YOU WANT A RUST COLORED PLUG REDISH BROWN ALL OVER + IF YOU HAVE A PURPLEISH MARK ON THE INSULATOR"WHITE PART AROUND ELECTRODE " THAT IS A PROP MARK TRY TO INDEX THAT TWARDS THE CENTER OF THE CHAMBER TOU MIGHT NEED INDEX WASHERS THAT WILL HELP DETONATION ....YOUR PLUGS LOOK LEAN AND HOT IF YOU HAVE ANY WHITE STUFF ON THEM WATCH OUT YOUR HEAD WILL WARP
OOPS THIS WAS SUPOSED TO GO TO THE SPARK PLUG DUDE SORRY

gudeman00
05-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Can you turn your caps off please

DJ2
05-10-2019, 04:11 PM
It might be someone posting from work that doesn't have that option... There is a guy I know that works at a slavage yard and the terminal he uses only types in caps... :ftard:

OLDGUY
05-10-2019, 05:20 PM
dude sorry bout the caps i dont do to much internet chat,
but you guys have been riding me bout this all day..
pls dont take any offence but GET OUT TALK TO A GIRL
or a guy what ever floats your boat ,dude relax on the caps deal my bad,

BACK OFF OR I'LL GET OFF THE SCOOTER AND WOOP YOU WITH MY CANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

svt2srt4
05-10-2019, 05:22 PM
dude sorry bout the caps i dont do to much internet chat,
but you guys have been riding me bout this all day..
pls dont take any offence but GET OUT TALK TO A GIRL
or a guy what ever floats your boat ,dude relax on the caps deal my bad,

BACK OFF OR I'LL GET OFF THE SCOOTER AND WOOP YOU WITH MY CANE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rofl: :rofl:

|