03-17-2017, 09:42 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=189791&highlight=motorex

:owned:

Broken5hift
03-17-2017, 09:48 AM
another ricer bites the dust

SinisterSRT4
03-17-2017, 09:52 AM
WTF Got dammet!! at least there are other companies...

Tom Joad
03-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Excpet that R32s and R34s are now illegal to import. I'm not sure how they're handling the cars already in the states. R33s ARE still legal though.

slow4dr
03-17-2017, 10:13 AM
I have seen this on a few different sites but this was the first I had seen teh charges listed.

Count Charge Code Charge Description** Disposition Disposition Date
01 524 PC ATTEMPTED EXTORTION * *
02 664-207(A) PC ATTEMPTED KIDNAPPING * *
03 245(A)(1) PC ASSAULT W DEADLY WEAPON/INSTR. * *
04 244.5(B) PC ASSAULT W/STUN GUN OR TASER * *
05 140(A) PC THREATENING A WITNESS *

SinisterSRT4
03-17-2017, 10:41 AM
Holy shit looks like they kidnapped someone at gunpoint and was like "YOU DIDINT SEE NOTHIN!!"

punkrokdood
03-17-2017, 11:03 AM
that sucks... a good friend of mine has a skyline at motorex as we speak that has been being used for leverage against one other company that motorex deals with... effin sucks

JustinSane
03-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Quick Newb question. Why are they illeagle? something to do with the american market vrs. The japenesse market?

Tom Joad
03-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Quick Newb question. Why are they illeagle? something to do with the american market vrs. The japenesse market?

Because they don't sell them here the manufacturers don't spend the money to get them crash test certified. Without the crash test the car is not street legal. At least that's how I understand it. There's probably emissions issues as well...

SinisterSRT4
03-17-2017, 12:16 PM
There are as well as vin# issues

Alec Trevelyan
03-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Oh well this is very sad for people in the market for a REAL Skyline.

blackbird
03-17-2017, 06:00 PM
These should answer most of the questions regarding importing Skyline's and what's involved:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules...ges/page10.html

http://www.smartpdf.com/register/2017/Mar/01/10591A.pdf

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/

The first couple specifically mention the Skyline. There's also U.S. Customs to deal with when importing. If a private individual or small importation company wants to crash test and show that it passes EPA emissions requirements (ALL of them) you could bring a lot of cars over, but it's prohibitively expensive for most.

denovae
03-17-2017, 07:27 PM
the skyline is overated anyways in my opinion. So many other cars out there that came for approx. 50k and were better on the track/strip than the Skyline. (Z06, Cobra R, etc). Yes the skyline was about all the little doo-dads, gadgets, etc... most people just wanted ' high-tech ' cars that weighed a ton. no doubt the adaptive AWD was SWEET AS FUCK in theory... but it was heavy, required computers, extra weight for AWD system/computers/adaptive systems etc...

if you want blinking lights go to wal-mart and buy the ' vehicle strobe lights: OFF-ROAD only ' that you can hook up fairly easily to a 9V battery and toggle switch... they'll blink for you and have the same effect... ' i don't know what it does... '

(i made one of thoe 9V systems w/ strobe lights as a joke... put them on a friend's del sol and wiring it all into his trunk when he was gone for a weekend. everytime he hit the brakes the lights would enage and strobe untill he let off the brake again... funny shit.)

MOTOREX... :owned:

mattyice
03-18-2017, 01:32 PM
this has been going on for awhile and they were shut down because they were skipping out on some things required for legalization, they really do have the crash tests and the DOT approval and thats why the covnersion costs so much, skylines actually arent over rated and the technology they have is just now starting to get beat to this day, and if i remember correctly on the shitty stock turbos motorex took an R34 from the stock 300 (which was closer to about 340) and took it to 550 AWHP with simple bolt ons and the Power FC, and they are still lighter and smaller then a supra with the AWD, and all of those lights are actually quite useful, and motorex is the only company that has the rights to legalize skylines legally, if any other place says they do i would ask for proof from the DOT that they do, motorex even said if they do get shut down they would not even sell their crash test ratings or modifications that need to be done to make a skyline legal in the US to anyone, which on the R32 just for some stuff requires alot of emissions work, different head lights, more metal support in the doors for side crash tests, and steering wheels with air bags in them

denovae
03-18-2017, 07:42 PM
a 97 supra beats an 99 R34 GT-R (US CONVERSION)

0-60mph: 4.9 (supra) v 5.1 (R34)
1/4mi: 13.6 (supra) v 13.7 (R34)
Weight: 3515 (supra) v 3395 (R34)
Lat G's: .94 (supra) v .89 (R34)
Cost in US: 40,000 (supra) v 89,000(R34)
(fast-autos.net)

bottom-line: IT'S OVERRATED.

THOSE BLINKING LIGHTS DON'T SEEM TO HELP - DON'T YA THINK? your little high-tech theory just got shot to shit.

lighter? yea... higher-tech? yea... faster? no... more agile? no...

it's a sweet car don't get me wrong. it's just not my thing. I would rather have it EVEN LIGHTER... w/o the AWD and w/o the 4-wheel steering - you'd save a couple hundred pounds and you would trounce the competition.

fyi - the MOTOREX BLACKBIRD at 550hp had a single turbo conversion (yes a bolt on at 16PSI... it was NOT the stock turbos... and the engine had mostly APEX parts. camshafts, fuel pump, intake, to name a few APEX parts... it was a good performance machine... BUT HAD A WING THE SIZE OF TEXAS ON IT'S TRUNK. COME ON. and at 120,000$... COME ON...

StreetRaceGN
03-18-2017, 08:53 PM
this has been going on for awhile and they were shut down because they were skipping out on some things required for legalization, they really do have the crash tests and the DOT approval and thats why the covnersion costs so much, skylines actually arent over rated and the technology they have is just now starting to get beat to this day, and if i remember correctly on the shitty stock turbos motorex took an R34 from the stock 300 (which was closer to about 340) and took it to 550 AWHP with simple bolt ons and the Power FC, and they are still lighter and smaller then a supra with the AWD, and all of those lights are actually quite useful, and motorex is the only company that has the rights to legalize skylines legally, if any other place says they do i would ask for proof from the DOT that they do, motorex even said if they do get shut down they would not even sell their crash test ratings or modifications that need to be done to make a skyline legal in the US to anyone, which on the R32 just for some stuff requires alot of emissions work, different head lights, more metal support in the doors for side crash tests, and steering wheels with air bags in them

This is one of the longest run-on sentences I've ever seen. :ftard: Arguing dyno numbers without the a/fs and correction factor is pointless. I can strap a car to the dyno, fudge the correction factor and run 15:1 AF to trick it into reading ridiculously high numbers.

blackbird
03-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Arguing dyno numbers without the a/fs and correction factor is pointless. I can strap a car to the dyno, fudge the correction factor and run 15:1 AF to trick it into reading ridiculously high numbers.
You working for a certain SRT-4 vendor in Las Vegas now? :lol:

punkrokdood
03-18-2017, 09:49 PM
:osnap: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb: :yikes: :rofl: :owned: :yikes: :thumb:

StreetRaceGN
03-18-2017, 10:33 PM

LOL, personally I've found the track to be the best measure of power production:devil:

|