View Full Version : head shop in socal?

punkrokdood
03-31-2019, 06:38 PM
stock head=teh suck

anyone know a place local (socal) that does good head work?

intake:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/punkrokdood/intake.jpg

exhaust(with my thumb next to it for reference):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/punkrokdood/exhaust.jpg

westup
03-31-2019, 07:14 PM
i recommend portflow designs(the best and most experienced) or R&D dyno and performance in gardena.local and affordable.also maybe alaniz porting(top honda guy)
i heard cosworth has a shop out here too?and lots of subys get stuff done there.

i did most of my hondas on my own(w/out a flowbench) and got the same #s as a big name shop.(my personal same motor, same dyno different heads,experiment)each port may have been different sizes but,its all in the radius curving towards the valve.
too much curve=no velocity(loss of torque)
not enough=some torque but loss of HP(flow)

MOST heads DO NOT need porting on the topside of the port.companies do this to clean up the port and make it look finished.
all the work is in the radius and the valve bowls.

and .5 oversize valves also can yield huge , HUGE gains,if you got the $$$

you just need someone who knows the ports well.like darrel cox.

blackbird
04-01-2019, 07:45 AM
Did you buy a used head? If so, that's a pre-2002 DOHC head. The ports don't flow as well as the newer heads which have a rectangular exhaust port. Also if it's a naturally aspirated head you can't use the stock exhaust valves since they would burn up in a turbo application. If your interested in a brand new bare head casting for the 2.4L turbo (and all newer 2.4L's) I know where you might be able to get one for about $200.

heckel26
04-01-2019, 09:57 AM
Brandon,you might want to try "Ricks Machine Shop".They are in Santee.We use them to do all our work at my shop.I think the # is 619-562-8010.Talk to George.

AirricK
04-01-2019, 11:31 AM
you could always go to a burlesque in nevada....but that might be out of your way....but theyll work your head rreeeeeeal good i bet

JuanDirtyMessican
04-02-2019, 01:31 PM
you could always go to a burlesque in nevada....but that might be out of your way....but theyll work your head rreeeeeeal good i bet

:rofl: :rofl: :thumb:

|