View Full Version : Officials Target Illegal Street Racers

SassySRT
04-24-2019, 10:15 AM
RIVERSIDE, April 24, 2019 - Authorities cited more than 50 motorists and impounded 11 vehicles at a store parking lot in Riverside where street racers are known to gather.

The four-hour crackdown began about 10 last night at a Target store at 3520 Tyler St., said Sgt. Skip Showalter of the Riverside Police Department.
About 150 cars were in the lot when Riverside police officers arrived, baked up by officers from the Ontario, Irwindale and San Diego police departments, Showalter said.

The officers contained the area, then inspected more than 80 vehicles, Showalter said.

More than 50 of the vehicles were found to have "illegal emissions," prompting officials to issue citations, Showalter said, and 11 vehicles were impounded for having identification numbers that had been tampered with or removed.

Officers cautioned those present about the dangers of illegal street racing and referred them to Southland venues where they can race legally, Showalter said.

Broken5hift
04-24-2019, 10:28 AM
interesting

Pr3mium Brewed
04-24-2019, 10:29 AM
yes, fascinating. Police cracking down on CRIME, you say?

Pr3mium Brewed
04-24-2019, 10:35 AM
Street racing is TERRIBLE! Especially when people I've never met die!

Broken5hift
04-24-2019, 10:35 AM
im glad the police interveined

SassySRT
04-24-2019, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the oh so imformative posts. I put this up in the Cali section so that those who live in the area can keep an eye out.

Broken5hift
04-24-2019, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the oh so imformative posts. I put this up in the Cali section so that those who live in the area can keep an eye out.

good idea

Pr3mium Brewed
04-24-2019, 10:52 AM
good idea
x2

Intruudir
04-24-2019, 12:10 PM
150 car.....some probably had more then just the driver so lets say approx 200 auto enthusiasts....sounds like the good beginning to a PAC ..Political Action Group....

what you need to do is get one or two peeps that can represent you then go talk to local politicials. Politely point out the waste of police manpower and how your group as a voting block can and will support his/her re-election and that you could just as easily support someone else if needed....( I'm talking about low level pols like aldermen etc.) Someone that has some sort of say over a small area around where you guys hang.

Targeting can go both ways....

el_jefe
04-24-2019, 01:02 PM
What is the law regarding inspections? I would have told the cops to suck my nuts, I ain't opening my hood. Of course, I have no exhaust, so I would be screwed anyway, if I was stupid enough to still live in Cali. No Emissions testing >*

punkrokdood
04-24-2019, 01:07 PM
What is the law regarding inspections? I would have told the cops to suck my nuts, I ain't opening my hood. Of course, I have no exhaust, so I would be screwed anyway, if I was stupid enough to still live in Cali. No Emissions testing >*
probable cause... which can be as little as exhaust, hearing a bov (usually popo said "i heard your wastegate blowing off" :ftard:) etc. they can ask you to pop the hood, but they need a warrant. HOWEVER, if you don't cooperate, you will be detained, car impounded, warrant received, searched, converted to stock, then held until you pay all court fees, fines, towing fees, storage fees, labor, parts, and they keep your aftermarket shit.

if you jsut pop the hood, and cooperate and aren't a total jackass, the worst they do is send you to a referee, in which time, you have to go in a certain amount of time. basically just go back to stock, take it to the ref, then put mods back on... basically just an early smog inspection.

FYI, aftermarket cat-backs are legal, as long as they aren't above 95 dB. :thumb:

el_jefe
04-24-2019, 01:10 PM
FYI, aftermarket cat-backs are legal, as long as they aren't above 95 dB. :thumb:

So, no cat and a dump is probably no good then? :owned:

punkrokdood
04-24-2019, 01:17 PM
So, no cat and a dump is probably no good then? :owned:
yea, probably not :lol:

lunchbox660
04-24-2019, 02:24 PM
thats pretty gay...they busted a bunch of guys for meeting up at a target? come one man....if you are gonna bust people for racing, at least bust them RACING....thats profiling man....it could have just been a bunch of car enthusiasts gathering to gander over eachothers cool paintjobs....lol, doubtful, but still, the way they executed it was wrong. i agree with getting racers off the streets and onto the track, dont get me wrong, i am all for it....but it has to be done properly, and what they did was very improper...

SinisterSRT4
04-24-2019, 03:08 PM
I have to stand up for the pigs on this one. I went to this spot for years and I stopped going for a few reason. I have to admit Ive been down there to hang out and talk a few times recently but as far as racing its a "Hell no!" the kids here are getting younger and younger doing more and more stupid things. First off this meeting spot is on tyler blvd one block from the mall and one of the most populated areas in riverside especially at those hours due to the movie theature. They race not only up and down tyler but a couple neighboring residential streets also. it started with a local performance shop in that area. The employees would bring people to the area to meet at the shop and race after hours. the shop has then since moved on because they sucks ass for prices. Myself and many others have been warned not to race in that area i can recall at least 5 events where I personally was stopped back in 99-00 and let go with nothing but a warning. These guys have pushed it as far as it goes with fights car accidents car chases and you name it. they all got what they deserve for most of these people it wasnt thier first raid.

|