View Full Version : a few caliber updates

BuiltForSpeed
04-25-2017, 03:49 PM
well as the title says...from what i just read it looks like the srt-4 edition well have a 57mm throttle body, a full 3in turbo back exhuast,a dual mass fly wheel...clutch seems alittle weak...its capable of handling only 300ft/lbs of tq...only 40 more ft/lbs over stock... same TD04 turbo from the previous model will be used it also features brake assist,esp,park sense,power adjustable pedals,smart beam head lamps,and the dreaded tire pressure monitoring system<---junk! anyway 4 colors will be available...brillant black...sunburst orange...bright silver and inferno red...and thats pretty much it...hope this isn't old news...if so sorry:thumb:

ViscousCircles
04-25-2017, 04:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/viscous/Gif/thumbsdown.gif On the clutch, if thats the case I forsee a lot of warranty bs...

slow4dr
04-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Interesting. Only I am having a hard time believing they are using the SAME turbo the neon SRT4 has. It may be a TD04 but I am sure it has a larger A/R turbine and a bigger compressor wheel.

ViscousCircles
04-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Moreover I wonder if the figures are @ the wheel or fly?

DJ2
04-25-2017, 06:46 PM
blue and yellow suck, that's why they are not continuing those colors! :tongue3:

blackbird
04-25-2017, 08:55 PM
There's too many variations of the TD04, and I don't see them pumping that much exhaust gas out efficiently through a 6cm-2 housing. The clutch may be OK, but because of the dual-mas setup it's going to be expensive to upgrade. Not that the modular setups in the current car are really affordable.

The actual transaxle will be interesting to see how it stands up when people start modifying the car. Unfortunately a lot of the Getrag-manufactured untis have a habit of coming with a sticker saying "send back to Getrag" for all internal repairs. It better be strong or else it's going to be $$$ if there are any issues down the road. I'm predicting it now. :lol:

1bad4dr
04-26-2017, 06:14 AM
and the dreaded tire pressure monitoring system<---junk!
I have the sensors on my Charger and I can assure you they are not junk.... They actually work very well. Saved my ass on a trip to Phoenix last month.

BuiltForSpeed
04-26-2017, 07:42 AM
I have the sensors on my Charger and I can assure you they are not junk.... They actually work very well. Saved my ass on a trip to Phoenix last month.
I was not being arbitrary in stating that they are junk, working as a parts professional in a jeep-chrysler dealer i see all the problems associated with the tire pressure sensors and i feel some improvements should be made to this system

Tom Joad
04-26-2017, 07:52 AM
Any word on the adjustable WGA? Seems an interesting feature, particularly for those who auto-x in the stock classes.

BuiltForSpeed
04-26-2017, 08:02 AM
Any word on the adjustable WGA? Seems an interesting feature, particularly for those who auto-x in the stock classes.
adj wastegates actuator for 1st gen srt-4 or 2nd gen srt-4?

Tom Joad
04-26-2017, 08:15 AM
adj wastegates actuator for 1st gen srt-4 or 2nd gen srt-4?

I heard from one of the vendors on tEh other forum that the second gen would come with an adjustable WGA, stock.

Broken5hift
04-26-2017, 08:25 AM
i recently saw one of these with there only for retards shifter placement. i puked all over the car and then shit on its hood. worst shifter placement ever.

BuiltForSpeed
04-26-2017, 08:36 AM
i recently saw one of these with there only for retards shifter placement. i puked all over the car and then shit on its hood. worst shifter placement ever.
yeah it does...its like the same dash mount style like that faggy little civic si hatch...its :supergay: imo

Broken5hift
04-26-2017, 08:44 AM
yeah it does...its like the same dash mount style like that faggy little civic si hatch...its :supergay: imo

its just not practical. its not a natural feeling. When you wanna be racing through the gears you want the shift to be a fluent natural feeling, not like your punching your radio

BuiltForSpeed
04-26-2017, 09:16 AM
I heard from one of the vendors on tEh other forum that the second gen would come with an adjustable WGA, stock.
I can't really answer that one for ya because i have yet to get my epc updated with any info regarding the 2nd gen but if i hear any thing ill be sure to post it:thumb:

BuiltForSpeed
04-26-2017, 09:30 AM
its just not practical. its not a natural feeling. When you wanna be racing through the gears you want the shift to be a fluent natural feeling, not like your punching your radio
yeah i know what your saying...a friend of mine just picked up a corrado and i drove it for the first time last night and all i have to say is...i've been in dump trucks that have shorter shift throws than this car did i almost took out the radio with my knuckles...he seemed to think it was short till i told him to jump in my car and pull it through the gear...he got out and said i now what im going to order tomorrow...

Tom Joad
04-26-2017, 10:56 AM

So basically the new shifters got a lot in common with a stock first gen. :lol:

1bad4dr
04-26-2017, 05:43 PM
I was not being arbitrary in stating that they are junk, working as a parts professional in a jeep-chrysler dealer i see all the problems associated with the tire pressure sensors and i feel some improvements should be made to this system
Sorry, I did not mean to sound harsh... I am currently in PA while getting sleep from MDT... two hours a night, so I am just a little cranky...:ftard:

I understand where you are coming from, but I do like my sensors... Well, I do not like the fact that you have to blow the tires up past 45 psi to reset the sensors, that's just stupid.... I did not know that until I rotated the tires and had to call my Service Manager... Nontheless, the sensors really do work well. Maybe they made changes to them when adding to the Charger's?

Anyway, I do apologize for the harshness in my wording. It was unintentional.

|