View Full Version : SRT-4, SRT-8's, and SRT-10 videos

Dale Seeley
04-30-2019, 10:47 AM
From May 5 to May 13, we'll be posting videos from Onelap at http://lake-effect-racing.com

There are three SRT-4's entered, a couple SRT-8 Chargers, the factory entered extreme lightweight SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a couple Vipers.

We'll also cover the 'other cars', like the super fast TDI Beetle, the Honda of America supercharged Civic, and the Nobles....

Dale

Hitman
04-30-2019, 03:52 PM
Sweet!! I'm sure it will be even better than last year. I'm interested to see how the Jeep finishes.

Dale Seeley
04-30-2019, 04:14 PM
The Jeep will be a top 10 vehicle..

Since this is a small community that isn't frequented (hopefully) by the magazine racers....

The Jeep is an Extreme Lightweight version. Doors, fenders, hood, fascias, rear gate are one-off carbon fiber...

Unlike years past, they've had some time to actually build this vehicle, instead of just putting paint on a test mule and calling it 'good enough'.

Some will say (correctly) that I'm such an accomplished nutswinger that Erich thinks he has three balls, but it takes more balls than a normal person to top end a Grand Cherokee at Road America against the Vipers, Nobles, Radical, Ultimas, and be expected to come out ahead of them.

When the Cayenne Turbo gets it's ass handed to it, what do you think the internet porsche fan-bois will have to say?

We have our own cameras inside the Jeep already, plus we're hoping to get on-screen data acquisition.

We will also have cameras on the AMS Evo and the aforementioned supercars.

Onelap is getting out of hand, gone are the days when a Neon can show up and show well....

Alec Trevelyan
05-01-2019, 12:23 PM
Nice man.....are there any C6 Z06's out there?

Dale Seeley
05-16-2019, 07:27 PM
The event is over, there are 50+ videos and hundreds of images on the site...

I got my ass kicked by an evo and the STi's... maybe it's time to move up from plain S3R and get some decent brakes....

Tom Joad
05-17-2019, 08:21 AM
Did I see a Civic Si crack the top 10? :yikes: What's the deal with that?

Nice vids Dale, you'll kick their asses next year. :thumb:

Dale Seeley
05-17-2019, 09:04 AM
Did I see a Civic Si crack the top 10? :yikes: What's the deal with that?

Nice vids Dale, you'll kick their asses next year. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words.

That 2019 Civic Si is the real deal.
Built and driven by HART (Honda America Racing Team) out of Ohio, they car and the prep work, as well as the driving, was flawless.

The car is underpowered, at 260 engine hp, bumped up from stock by a Jackson Racing Supercharger. It was painfully slow on the straights, compared to even the slow cars in the event. However, they did their homework for the corners.

Every track was visited by the team ahead of time, and springrates as well as strut settings were determined. At every track we visited, the correct suspension was installed before the first run.

The driver made no mistakes, not a single bobble was witnessed by anyone, he got through the corners a lot faster than just about everyone there.

Rain played a big part in the success of the team. The Skidpad and Autobahn are handling tracks, where the underpowered car could run with the big dogs. Mid America has a huge straight on it, but the corners are sweepers that reward a well setup car.

No Problem Raceway is a trashy track that really rewards patience and handling.

Roebling Road was the first test of the car on a really fast track, followed by VIR.

Putnam Park rained, helping the underpowered car, the drags were canceled, and Road America was wet and dangerous as well.

The Civic would have been hard pressed to remain in the top ten if it stayed dry, but it still would have beaten me.

Although I am not switching to a Civic for 2019, I will be learning from their successes in an effort to catch up to the STi's and Evo's next year.

Tom Joad
05-17-2019, 09:47 AM
That's some impressive preparations. The stakes seem to get higher every year at one lap.

Hate to say it, but those new Civics seem impressive.

Broken5hift
05-17-2019, 09:54 AM
That's some impressive preparations. The stakes seem to get higher every year at one lap.

Hate to say it, but those new Civics seem impressive.

on the track the civic seems impressive when highly worked. however i would like to see how a daily driver version would handle itself.

what the srt-4 lacks in turning it makes up in speed. but like dale said the tracks favor the turns. good luck next time with the dodge dale.

Alec Trevelyan
05-29-2019, 02:00 AM
I hope you win next year man!

|