View Full Version : I drove a C6 Z06....for 15 - 20 mins!!!

Alec Trevelyan
05-16-2019, 01:20 PM
I meant to post this up a few days ago but ive been real busy...

Ok, so my bosses son has a Z06 so he came to the job a few days ago in a silver Z06...so nice!! We talk about the car and hes like wow you know more about the car then I do. So i ask him whats it like to drive it. He said this is unlike anything ive ever driven before in my life!! He goes on to say this car is just stupid, insane, retarded, OMG im goin to die fast!! Im like nice so take me for a ride.

Now here is where it gets interesting....im going to give you 2 impressions...one from being a passanger and the other a driver.

Passanger: Well the first thing you notice is this car is VERY low to the ground...so much so anyone over 6'4'' will look like a clown getting in and out of it....:lol: . So he starts the engine and it comes alive violently. Now ive never heard and indy car or a nascar in person but im sure the sound of it has got to be close to this. It sounds nice just bone stock so I can imagine what a 3" exh/hdr combo can do. We hit the street and since nobody was aorund he floors 1st gear and im like HOLYSHIT! He hit about 50 in first then had to slow for a light ahead. And from 0 - 50 this car is SIIIICK! It reminded me of my old 5.0 that ran 10's many years ago but the Z06 is very smooth. He goes on to tell me driving around town is actually not that bad since your mostly in 1st gear alot. We make our way to the highway and theres a tunr with a posted speed limit of 25mph.....he hit that shit at 65 like it was nothing....the car didint even flich an inch it just "took it." So being that theres usually not much traffic on the highways here in the middle of the day since people work....we hit the highway at 60. Hes like ok lets do it! He floors this car at 60 and this fuckin ROCKET SHIP went from 60 - 150 faster then anything ive been inside in my life!!!! I was pushed back in my seat so hard and impressed with the power I wasnt even watching him shift. Now guys....words cant explain how fast on the highway this car is. He says what do you think im like...:yikes: !!! So we pull of the next exit and stop for a drink....

Driver: We come out the store and he throws me the keys! And for one of the few times in life I wsa actually SCARED of a car. Hes like take us back to the office...im like are you sure im an ok driver at stick but this is something im not really use to. I havent owend a RWD car in YEARS. He said dont worry just take it easy. So I sit in the driver seat and it feels real nice! I almsot feel like im Mario Andretti about to start a race. I start the car and take off a lil bit down this road to get use to the feel. Before i go on let me say this is a drivers car!!!! The way things are laid out is real nice for the driver and the HUD is sick!! I go on the on ramp at 40 but after getting passed that I feel as tho i could have gone alot faster around it. So onto the hwy I go. Im in 2nd now at around 65.....and with no traffic around I floor it....:yikes: ....this car just takes the FUCK OFF!!! I had a bit of trouble getting into 3rd but once i hit it it just shot off again! theres a nice turn up ahead on the hwy which has a speed limit of 55....i hit it a 80 and the car handled it PERFECTLY! I almost feel as tho I could have gone faster with more seat time. So I exit the hwy and back on reg. streets the car is very tame.....almost to the point of being scary...if you screw around it will lose its tame feel and start to bite you...like here---> As were coming around one of the turns I decide to give it some nice gas going around the turn which slides the ass out some. I quickly correct it and give it some gas to compenstate for the ass slide out....and to my suprise it powered out of it like a damm champion! This car has the handling and muscle to just power out of SOME instances where driver error can occur....AMAZING! I was scared and amazed all at the same time.

So now back at the office hes like that was a good recovery you did back there im like man this car is HOT! Ive got to get one! Hes like yeah good luck man.

Now after driving it I will say this....THIS CAR IS NOT A FUCKIN TOY!!!!! I can easily seeing some rich n00b drivers KILLING themelves and others behind the wheel of such a car. The fact a car comes like this out of the factory means were living in some good times gents.....I need 70K....can someone give me a loan!

:thumb:

el_jefe
05-16-2019, 01:23 PM
RWD FTW

FE Srt4
05-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Awesome bro! I bet that was a blast...those cars are killer

paintbaler1587
05-16-2019, 01:24 PM
I bet I could flip it more times than you could.

slow4dr
05-16-2019, 01:26 PM
:thumb: :jealous:

Did the car hook up rolling into the throttle in 1st? I am so impressed with these cars it's not even funny and I hate Vettes.

Alec Trevelyan
05-16-2019, 01:29 PM

You couldnt flip this car unless your doing some evil kinevil shit.....IVE NEVER and i mean EEEEVVVEERRRR been in a car that handles like that!

DarkSRT
05-16-2019, 01:30 PM

I bet you i could flip it more times then you could.

Jessica Alba
i test drove one yesterday also, and yes it was a blast... driving the cars i've driven, i wasn't expecting much, but of course the corvette doesnt disappoint. the salesman asked me to take it easy, since the car's already been sold, alluding i'm sure to an earlier comment about how all the young kids are wrecking cars they think they can handle - but can't. so i take it easy in the parking lot, then get it full-lock sideways coming out of the dealership, then spin them into 2nd, and hit 3rd before letting off. get to the next light, launch it then flick it under the bridge for the U-turn (but not the u-turn lane), again full-lock sideways.

i remember the salesman gripping very tightly to the oh-shit bars... the entier drive.

when are you expecting delivery of your Z06, Alec?

Alec Trevelyan

Did the car hook up rolling into the throttle in 1st? I am so impressed with these cars it's not even funny and I hate Vettes.

Yeah it hooked up when he did it....but as much of a man i think I am...I ws WAYYY to pussy to launch this car in first from a dead stop! when he did it were were rolling a bit probably around 30.

Alec Trevelyan
05-16-2019, 01:32 PM

When some kind person gives me 70K....:lol:

I cant afford it now....but make no mistake at some point in my life I WILL own that car.

Jessica Alba
05-16-2019, 01:32 PM

ya, the supra is the superior handling machine. haven't you seen the movie? ;)

Alec Trevelyan
05-16-2019, 01:38 PM
Now that I think about it im moving this thread to the General cars section.

slow4dr
05-16-2019, 01:43 PM
Yeah it hooked up when he did it....but as much of a man i think I am...I ws WAYYY to pussy to launch this car in first from a dead stop! when he did it were were rolling a bit probably around 30.

:thumb: PUSSY :jester:

The guy sounds game, get some video for us.

Broken5hift
05-16-2019, 01:48 PM
lucky bastard im dying to test drive one!

Alec Trevelyan
05-16-2019, 01:48 PM
:thumb: PUSSY :jester:

The guy sounds game, get some video for us.

I'll try but I dont see him to often here. Hes married, kids, and the whole deal. I see him once in a blue.

Alec Trevelyan
05-16-2019, 01:52 PM
lucky bastard im dying to test drive one!

You have to try it out! Im sitting im my office chair now thinking about it....I NEED MONEY!!!!

SwervE
i test drove one yesterday also, and yes it was a blast... driving the cars i've driven, i wasn't expecting much, but of course the corvette doesnt disappoint. the salesman asked me to take it easy, since the car's already been sold, alluding i'm sure to an earlier comment about how all the young kids are wrecking cars they think they can handle - but can't. so i take it easy in the parking lot, then get it full-lock sideways coming out of the dealership, then spin them into 2nd, and hit 3rd before letting off. get to the next light, launch it then flick it under the bridge for the U-turn (but not the u-turn lane), again full-lock sideways.

i remember the salesman gripping very tightly to the oh-shit bars... the entier drive.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wannasupra
meh, the srt wasn't racing :lol: lucky bastard

Alec Trevelyan
05-16-2019, 01:57 PM
meh, the srt wasn't racing :lol: lucky bastard

The only SRT I think that would beat it on the hwy is lucy's car...BUT!! The only way she would win is if she brake boosts up the psi and takes off like a sling shot effect. Im guessing but her car and the Z06 at 60 with her a zero psi....the Z06 will pull away alot and she will have to play catch up.

But the sick part is that im comparing a higly modded car to a STOCK car....I wish I could go for another spin!

Smokin Murano
05-16-2019, 02:44 PM
even though my z06 is not as fast as the c6, it pulls like a fucking frieght train. my srt is my fastest car but i honestly like driving the z06 better.

Alec Trevelyan
05-16-2019, 02:53 PM
I think the C6 Z06 would take your SRT in any race situation.....depending on what you have done you "might" put up a fight from a hwy roll.

wannasupra
05-16-2019, 03:00 PM
headers, intake, exhaust, and o2 simulators. just for the noise. vids plz...

Smokin Murano
05-16-2019, 03:11 PM
I think the C6 Z06 would take your SRT in any race situation.....depending on what you have done you "might" put up a fight from a hwy roll.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh, i'm sorry, you were serious!! i will pm you again with my mods.

LS2 Powered
05-16-2019, 03:47 PM
I WILL have one of those things......:drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Alec Trevelyan
05-16-2019, 03:56 PM
I WILL have one of those things......:drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

Every car guy needs one of these....if theres any doubt in your mind this car isnt the shit go for a ride in one...I did...and i'll probably kill to have one of these someday! I'll say it agian words cant describe it....it feels and handles the way I think a race car should.

Jessica Alba
05-16-2019, 06:05 PM
im gonna buy one. i was actually on the waiting list for one, but pussed out and got the infiniti instead. i think im gonna trade in the trailblazer ss for a c6Z, and use it as my rain car instead :D

paintbaler1587
05-16-2019, 07:01 PM
I dont really want one. Id much rather take that $65k, buy an 01 Viper GTS (30k-40k) and spend the rest on modding it.

ViscousCircles
05-16-2019, 07:02 PM
You don't think the z06 has a superior chassis + motor compared to the GTS? After drooling over mags and vids of it Id take a z06 over an older style gts anyday.

paintbaler1587
05-16-2019, 07:08 PM
You don't think the z06 has a superior chassis + motor compared to the GTS? After drooling over mags and vids of it Id take a z06 over an older style gts anyday.
Oh no, its a GREAT car, especially for only $65k. But if Im spending my money on a car, I would much rather spend 35 on a GTS and then another 30 modding it rather than spending 65 on the Z06. If someone were to offer me a free one, I would take it in a heartbeat.

ViscousCircles
05-16-2019, 07:13 PM
Hell you can mod the shit out of that gts for the money that you ARE saving :thumb:

Fourbanger
05-17-2019, 10:52 PM
We had one at work some guy traded in a viper acr for it. The salesman said he wanted something more comfortable. And the f'n viper was paid off too they gave him 56k for it.

The exhaust dumps at a certian rpm, its um, loud. For obvious reasons we can't go bouncing rev limiters but a blip here or there is allowed in certian situations.

There isnt even a hole for the key. It senses the key and allows you to start the car. The gearbox is mounted in the rear of the car for weight balance, thats what makes it so nasty in my opinon nothing like weight where you need it. Fiberglass body including quarter panels and oh yeah it shares its uniframe with the cadillac xlr.

The first cylinder of the engine is about parallel with the front axle line. Road and track did a 7 pg. article on it, the pages kinda stick together.

I agree with you tho craig ill take a viper over a vette anyday, raw power is well, raw. Oh and that 65k price tag is about as rare as a day without a henry post. It seems like dealer markups are commonly accepted anymore.

My pops wanted to get a gt 500 he put the grand down just to get on the list. The dealer is trying to tack on 20k, and he cant even provide my pops with production numbers. Shit for 60 grand he could but a few other cars that aren't ummmm FORDS. :lol:

Im ready to do some detailing for any of you tri-state area guys if your interested, do me a favor if your feeling gracious and ask around for interest.

paintbaler1587
05-17-2019, 11:21 PM
There was a 90s Viper at the meet I went to today, and man, it sounded like crap.

|