View Full Version : boost stumble

OLDGUY
06-20-2019, 03:02 AM
ive got stg 2 3" turbo back and blablabla other stuff
my problem is when the r's are about3-4k at full throtle 17+psi the car is not smooth but if i give it part throtle in the 10-12 psi range 1/4 throttle and increase throttle and boost with rpm it pushes me back hard 10mph increase about every2-3 seconds around 100 mph how can i make it so i can just stomp the throttle like in a non turbo car

this rant even confuses me and i wrote it

spools
06-20-2019, 08:15 AM
you are running a boost controller right? profec B??? if so i know there is an adjustment on there to control how fast you hit high boost. my guess is your hitting it to fast. my buddy had the same problem, his boost would hit 20, fall to 15 hit 20 fall to 15 hit 20 and itd do it real fast and make it feel like it was falling on its face... he just had his boost hitting way to fast is all..

dres
06-20-2019, 08:39 AM
you are running a boost controller right? profec B??? if so i know there is an adjustment on there to control how fast you hit high boost. my guess is your hitting it to fast. my buddy had the same problem, his boost would hit 20, fall to 15 hit 20 fall to 15 hit 20 and itd do it real fast and make it feel like it was falling on its face... he just had his boost hitting way to fast is all..

i hit 21 and fall to 15ish. runs like a champ. just needs a mapclamp.......

dres
06-20-2019, 08:41 AM
ive got stg 2 3" turbo back and blablabla other stuff
my problem is when the r's are about3-4k at full throtle 17+psi the car is not smooth but if i give it part throtle in the 10-12 psi range 1/4 throttle and increase throttle and boost with rpm it pushes me back hard 10mph increase about every2-3 seconds around 100 mph how can i make it so i can just stomp the throttle like in a non turbo car

this rant even confuses me and i wrote it

if i'm reading this right it sounds like its studering at low rpms. if thats the case check plug wires. my car at low rpms and high boost use to studer real bad. switched the plug wires and was fine.

spools
06-20-2019, 10:26 AM
yea, if he is running a boost controler and he has it setup to climb boost really freakin fast, it will studder really bad and fall on its face.. if not, then more than like dres is correct.. hell he may be right if you got a boost controller too. check them both.

OLDGUY
06-27-2019, 03:00 AM
I dont have a boost controler im using the stock one but I modified it with a little tube from acotton swab to restrict air it works good, it just dosent like to be floored if i slowly increase pressure to the pedal the thing flys, if i floor it it stumbles goes put put and then starts to go...think a map clamp would help???? i want to try one out but im new to turbo cars Ive been racing for years but never with a turbo or computers.the closest thing i ever came to this was using analog delay boxes and rpm pills im a little old school

|