View Full Version : Deal on SS brake lines

el_jefe
08-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Qty; 17 Four line SS braided hose kits. STOCK application only. Very nice bracket works, front and rear hoses, banjo bolts and crush washers included. $120 shipped to you door. **NOTE: for yet unknown reasons it appears these kits will NOT fit a 2017 model~! Somehings changed- to metric on them.

Payments:

Phone orders- 480-967-7901 (Visa/MC)

Paypal: toddandchris1@cox.net

$120 total. I'm thinking USPS postal flat rate envelope.

srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274179

JuanDirtyMessican
08-09-2017, 05:20 PM
well i'm rulled out cuz mine is an 05=(

wannasupra
08-09-2017, 09:32 PM
fock yo. anti 05 bastards

hozay09
08-10-2017, 09:06 AM
no love for the 05's

el_jefe
08-10-2017, 09:34 AM
Actually I cannot really confirm this. I worked with someone there who had a 2017 and was having issues fitting a hose kit. The real issue may have been a cross threaded or damaged hard line. The engineers there insist that there are no SRT4s with M10 thread. I'll pull this note out of the post.

Guarantee it? No. If there is some hiccup in the supply chain it's certainly beyond my control.

To date ALL the SRT4 hoses and data from Goodridge and any other supplier call these hoses to be 3/8-24 IF and not M10-1.0 IF. Every kit sold, mine or the factory WW kit, has been 3/8 from day one and I have no plans to change this.

Having witnessed first hand the problems by a person at the Nationals I was taken back by the apparent fit of some second hand M10 parts and the struggle to fit either the Wilwood factory or my own TCE hoses to the hardline fitting. Both are very similar in thread pitch. With Dodge engineers on hand they insisted that this was not the case- no SRT4 was produced with M10 fittings. *The work at hand was on only one side of the car so I cannot personally say what might have been on the other... Later it came to light that the hardline fitting was probably damaged and the cause. Again; I can't say one way or the other.

So...the best I can do for a 2017 owner is tell you there is NO KNOWN, PROVEN, reason for these hoses to be any different than any previous year. I'd of course urge you to proceed with caution and perhaps try the RF first being certain the had line in fact fits the braided hose end. If not (and is not damaged from trying to force it) I'd be glad to take them back.

|