View Full Version : Leaving Cali.......

Moltenice
08-18-2019, 05:36 AM
Yeah, as my luck would have it I am being sent to Washington (could have been worse, JAPAN) for 2 years starting mid Jan. I guess this ends my San Dawg Supremacy :jester: for now...

I just freaking know I am going to hit a dear or fly off the road when that wet white shit falls out of the sky (whats it called?!?!?! SNOW?!?!!?).. this isnt going to be good....

oh well

punkrokdood
08-18-2019, 09:58 AM
i don't know why people bitch about japan so much.... it fuckin ROCKS there

although, i hear the base up here sucks balls now... everyone gets treated like a 4 year old...

such is life in the navy :ftard:

dres
08-18-2019, 10:00 AM
at least you dont have to go to wisconsin.......

westup
08-18-2019, 10:24 AM
well,one day we will meet.. at least you have the scent of cali on you:thumb: be safe and keep in touch !!!

and take care of that DCR tbody !!

lunchbox660
08-18-2019, 10:27 AM
youre moving on to bigger better things...cali sucks. look forward to meeting new people and not having to worry about some bureaucrat pumping you in the rump cus thats pretty much all cali is about...lol

el_jefe
08-18-2019, 12:26 PM
Yeah, as my luck would have it I am being sent to Washington (could have been worse, JAPAN) for 2 years starting mid Jan. I guess this ends my San Dawg Supremacy :jester: for now...

I just freaking know I am going to hit a dear or fly off the road when that wet white shit falls out of the sky (whats it called?!?!?! SNOW?!?!!?).. this isnt going to be good....

oh well

Washington state, or DC?

And everyone I know who went to japan loved it. COLA FTW:thumb:

punkrokdood
08-18-2019, 12:49 PM
Washington state, or DC?

And everyone I know who went to japan loved it. COLA FTW:thumb:
:werd:

42k/year AFTER tax as a single E-5 living off base in 2002/2003, then only getting taxed on about 20k FTW :yikes: :drooling:

el_jefe
08-18-2019, 12:55 PM
:werd:

42k/year AFTER tax as a single E-5 living off base in 2002/2003, then only getting taxed on about 20k FTW :yikes: :drooling:

Yeah, I was making something like 3500 - 4000 a month as an E-4 in Belgium :ftard:

punkrokdood
08-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I was making something like 3500 - 4000 a month as an E-4 in Belgium :ftard:

shit... i was wrong

4600/ month

1200/check for base pay and seapay (2400/month minus tax)
1400/month housing
600/ month cola

that was SINGLE E-5

so my taxable income was like 28k, minus deductions was about 20k

24000/ year that i got was tax free:yikes:

and that was not even going to the gulf... if i would have gone to the gulf, all of it is tax free :lol:

blackbird
08-18-2019, 02:34 PM
Washington. Home of even crappier oxygenated gas than Cali and depending on location, crappy emission testing. And they can't drive. :lol:

But the Pacific Northwest was my home for many years. Snow isn't that bad but you'll need another set of wheel/tires. Keep out of boost and the SRT-4 shouldn't do too bad. Which base? Whidbey? Bremerton?

blackbird
08-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Oh, while Japan (Oki) wasn't too bad, coming back to 29 Palms after that was a pretty big pay cut until I got promoted combined along the time in service bump. Can't complain about overseas military COLA but this contracting thing isn't too bad either. Getting paid to live in Europe and all pay up to $80k is tax free (if you're here a year). So salary plus a COLA plus a housing allowance plus all of it tax free isn't too bad. :thumb:

el_jefe
08-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Oh, while Japan (Oki) wasn't too bad, coming back to 29 Palms after that was a pretty big pay cut until I got promoted combined along the time in service bump. Can't complain about overseas military COLA but this contracting thing isn't too bad either. Getting paid to live in Europe and all pay up to $80k is tax free (if you're here a year). So salary plus a COLA plus a housing allowance plus all of it tax free isn't too bad. :thumb:

Yah, I have been looking at that, I miss Europe. Did they pay to move your stuff, or did you just move there then buy furniture and crap?

Buckonine
08-18-2019, 03:00 PM
Washington > 7th fleet
Japan > Washington

They are treating EVERYONE like kids in 7th right now, you couldn't pay me enought to go back to 7th...ever.

Now, back to Japan, that is a different story. Nicest ppl in the world.

blackbird
08-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Yah, I have been looking at that, I miss Europe. Did they pay to move your stuff, or did you just move there then buy furniture and crap?
For household goods in regards to me and my company, yes and no. Because they only expect me to be here a year (even though I'm cleared to stay up to '08 or later as long as the contract renews) they offered to ship a reasonable amount of personal belongings but no car and not my whole household. If I would have committed to stay the full time I probably could have got more stuff shipped.

Then again it is very nice to live lightly and have all my stuff in storage stateside and not worry about it. When I get back I have a ton of stuff (way too much) that I've collected over the years that I should go through. I essentially brought whatever I could carry on the plane and haven't been happier. Less stuff to worry about and I can buy anything I need (which has been very little).

Moltenice
08-19-2019, 09:51 AM
The "detailer" had it in for me because I went inside my 6 month window. Reason it played out like that was I couldnt find any San Diego orders. At my 5 month mark two billets to Point Loma popped but he siad too bad so sad you are going with the needs of the navy and originally said Okinawa Japan ( Kadena Air Force base). I freaked and back doored him with the XO and he was still able to give the SD billets away so I was forced to go to Whidbey to stay on the west coast.
So NOPF Whidbey Island it is.

Cola would have been nice and all but if I wanted it I would have picked London England not Japan. The curfew in Japan is bad, but being on that small ass island is even worse.

Washington will be a change of pace. The only shitty part of it is I am deployed from now until December and transfer in December. So it is get back and move during the Christmas season... I am trying to convince them to fly me back in September, it looks good so far.
Only two years left on the contract and then it's to the CHP Academy.

punkrokdood
08-19-2019, 10:08 AM
okinawa is better than yokosuka from what i've heard, as far as curfew crap... but yokosuka>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>okinawa when it comes to shit to do... sucks to hear brandon...

Moltenice
08-19-2019, 10:36 AM
yeah... thanks...

You got me on a couple points... I need to post more over here.

Bandwidth on my server is 11K on a good day. Shit takes forever..
What's new in SD? Have you done anything else to the car?

punkrokdood
08-19-2019, 10:52 AM
yeah... thanks...

You got me on a couple points... I need to post more over here.

Bandwidth on my server is 11K on a good day. Shit takes forever..
What's new in SD? Have you done anything else to the car?
haven't done much recently... but i have a few things in the works... just gotta be competed :sneaky:

i haven't been out as much recently

el_jefe
08-21-2019, 09:30 AM
Only two years left on the contract and then it's to the CHP Academy.

Your outta your mind. CHP is a 6 month live in academy with that bouncing quarters off the bed sheets crap. Figure basic training all over again. Then they will stick your ass on mids in the middle of the desert. Screw that noise. If you want to go Law Enforcement, find a big department in a city you want to be at, they will send you to an acadamy on their dime that won't have all the BS that CHP does, and you don't need to worry about getting sent out to patrol middle of nowhere Cali

blackbird
08-22-2019, 02:33 AM
:thumb: for "middle of nowhere" california.

:rofl:

el_jefe
08-22-2019, 09:02 AM
:thumb: for "middle of nowhere" california.

:rofl:

There's middle of nowhere cali, and middle of nowhere cali. Patroling the 395 at 2am FTL.

westup
08-22-2019, 11:46 AM
nowhere man

mole'
07-15-2019, 02:07 AM
i had fun in Japan. i was sooooooooooooo bored up in Wa. but that was way before PTP was making SRT parts.

|