View Full Version : Honda 2.3L turbo AWD?

gudeman00
09-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Yeah, it's a rumor I got off another board I visit. But the guy it came from isn't one who makes things up, he knows what he is talking about.

There are rumbles going around the aftermarket manufatures that Honda will soon be producing a turbo 2.3L AWD car, to compeate with STI's and Evo's. I spoke with Brian Crower today and he was hinting toward already coming up with poducts for said car.

Could Honda finaly be a true street contender???

punkrokdood
09-07-2017, 05:26 PM
acura MDX

:ftard:

gudeman00
09-07-2017, 05:28 PM
acura MDX

:ftard:

Thats been out for a bit hasnt it? This post was just from a day or two ago.

edit: MDX is 3.5L v6 vtec... dont see turbo listed anywhere

punkrokdood
09-07-2017, 05:32 PM

the upcoming one is a 2.3 turbo AWD

yes, honda is still weaksauce

el_jefe
09-07-2017, 05:33 PM

They have the drivetrain for it, some cute ute. gimme a sec.

punkrokdood
09-07-2017, 05:33 PM
sorry... acura RDX

gudeman00
09-07-2017, 05:34 PM
sorry... acura RDX

Okay thats where I was confused.
Pretty sure it wont hang with evos and STIs.

punkrokdood
09-07-2017, 05:35 PM
Okay thats where I was confused.
Pretty sure it wont hang with evos and STIs.
not a chance... its flywheel ratings are closer to an srt-4's whp

and from what i hear, swaps will be damn near impossible (compared to other current honda swaps) because it is all new

el_jefe
09-07-2017, 05:36 PM
http://www.importtuner.com/features/0605it_acura_rdx_turbo/

RDX, competes with the Mazda CX7

gudeman00
09-07-2017, 05:36 PM
not a chance... its flywheel ratings are closer to an srt-4's whp

and from what i hear, swaps will be damn near impossible (compared to other current honda swaps) because it is all new

Well, the impression I get is that its another vehicle not in an SUV line. Sounds like it would be way down the road if this is the first news thats out about it.

punkrokdood
09-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Well, the impression I get is that its another vehicle not in an SUV line. Sounds like it would be way down the road if this is the first news thats out about it.
some fanbois i saw at hondatech are saying TSX will have the 2.3 turbo AWD

still a heavy SOB, so it won't be fast... just enough to not piss you off when you stomp on the gas

gudeman00
09-07-2017, 05:39 PM

still a heavy SOB, so it won't be fast... just enough to not piss you off when you stomp on the gas

I like the TSX's but not if I'm trying to roadrace an evo.

el_jefe
09-07-2017, 05:40 PM

TSX isn't bad, it's the Euro accord platform. Nice car, actually.

el_jefe
09-07-2017, 05:40 PM
I like the TSX's but not if I'm trying to roadrace an evo.

SRT works for that :sneaky:

punkrokdood
09-07-2017, 05:50 PM
TSX isn't bad, it's the Euro accord platform. Nice car, actually.
:werd:

i like them well enough, but they're not gonna be some evo killer like the fanbois would like you to believe :ftard:

el_jefe
09-07-2017, 05:54 PM
:werd:

i like them well enough, but they're not gonna be some evo killer like the fanbois would like you to believe :ftard:

According to the fanbois, the Civic Si is an Evo killer:rofl:

punkrokdood
09-07-2017, 06:02 PM
According to the fanbois, the Civic Si is an Evo killer:rofl:
exactly...

the fanbois will also sing a different song now...

present time- honda makes vtec, vtec>turbo (yes, someone told me that vtec has done more for the automotive world than turbo will ever do):ftard:
future- honda makes turbo, turbo>* but only if its honda and it has vtec :ftard:

gudeman00
09-07-2017, 07:26 PM
exactly...

the fanbois will also sing a different song now...

present time- honda makes vtec, vtec>turbo (yes, someone told me that vtec has done more for the automotive world than turbo will ever do):ftard:
future- honda makes turbo, turbo>* but only if its honda and it has vtec :ftard:

Cant wait to hear what they say about turbo vtecs, or shit when they realize they have a turbo iVTEC they'll be able to say they're more intelligent than us :ftard:

blackbird
09-08-2017, 05:18 AM
Ooh, a turbo Accord being an Evo/STI killer. Just like the Masdaspeed6. :lol:

Every time I hear about turbo Honda's I really want to find the ad I remember when VTEC was first introduced in the Civic and Honda was bashing turbocharging. It should have been about 1992 and featured a green Civic coupe on a two page spread in most of the major auto mags. The only reason I remember it so clearly is because of their catchy "headline" they used to bash turbocharging (which at the time primarily only Saab, Volvo, and Chrysler were using). That and Chrysler had this (http://www.srtcentral.com/webfiles/misc/automotive/Turbo_III/Spirit_RT/articles/91_RT_Guts_Ad.jpg) ad was a few pages away. :thumb:

punkrokdood
09-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Ooh, a turbo Accord being an Evo/STI killer. Just like the Masdaspeed6. :lol:

Every time I hear about turbo Honda's I really want to find the ad I remember when VTEC was first introduced in the Civic and Honda was bashing turbocharging. It should have been about 1992 and featured a green Civic coupe on a two page spread in most of the major auto mags. The only reason I remember it so clearly is because of their catchy "headline" they used to bash turbocharging (which at the time primarily only Saab, Volvo, and Chrysler were using). That and Chrysler had this (http://www.srtcentral.com/webfiles/misc/automotive/Turbo_III/Spirit_RT/articles/91_RT_Guts_ad.jpg) ad was a few pages away. :thumb:
Not Found
The requested URL /webfiles/misc/automotive/Turbo_III/Spirit_RT/articles/91_RT_Guts_ad.jpg was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

blackbird
09-08-2017, 11:25 AM
Grrr... it's case sensitive and I didn't capitalize an "A". I was posting that from work and the firewall has my host blocked so I couldn't check (but I can still ftp in to my server :ftard:).

Anyways it's fixed now in my original post (and I had posted the pic before in another thread). The main point being that when Honda introduced VTEC in the Civic and it became more widespread in the US they took specific aim at ChryCo and their turbo's, who were essentially the only manufacturer selling cars in the same class and price range equipped with turbocharging. It's interesting to see how things change over time. :lol:

|