View Full Version : sst results

poorwboy
09-29-2017, 04:31 PM
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292577 Notice 60' foottime and mph.

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 05:12 PM
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292577 Notice 60' foottime and mph.

def, good times!!!

but honestly, im not THAT impressed!!!!! 1 more mph than i got on a stock turbo w/HALF his mods!!!

all that time and work to get those results is :supergay:

poorwboy
09-29-2017, 06:05 PM
My point exactly, if i could get that 60 I would be in the 11's.

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:07 PM
My point exactly, if i could get that 60 I would be in the 11's.

i didnt sence your sarcasum. lol... i HAd to bite my tounge SO bad not to post in that thread.

poorwboy
09-29-2017, 06:10 PM
i didnt sence your sarcasum. lol... i HAd to bite my tounge SO bad not to post in that thread.
Ya me to, I wanna say something so bad. What is the point of forcing more air in if you cant get rid of it in the first place.

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:17 PM
it's so0o0o0o0 funny all the BS clams ptp makes about his products. in another thread he was talking about it making 400hp. :ftard: YEAH! right!!!!

cant really talk shit though.... .if people are STUPID enough to buy that shit then they deserve it and it's ''GAINs''

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 06:19 PM
sick! i have the sts, i wonder if that is as good as the sst????

poorwboy
09-29-2017, 06:20 PM
it's so0o0o0o0 funny all the BS clams ptp makes about his products. in another thread he was talking about it making 400hp. :ftard: YEAH! right!!!!

cant really talk shit though.... .if people are STUPID enough to buy that shit then they deserve it and it's ''GAINs''
I do think some of his products are good , but ok im done.

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:21 PM
sick! i have the sts, i wonder if that is as good as the sst????

a STS will add about as much hp as the SST. :rofl: :rofl:

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 06:21 PM
ok so what is the sst? now i feel like i am the butt of a joke...lol

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 06:22 PM
never mind, i get it...super stock turbo...:ftard:

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:22 PM
I do think some of his products are good , but ok im done.

yeah, the products he re-sells for other companys. :jester:

poorwboy
09-29-2017, 06:24 PM
The problem with the stock turbo is the exaust side and the manifold, Not the compressor side.

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 06:25 PM
well hell,im not impressed at all with the MPH on that....i hit 109.XX with a true stock turbo, no nitrous, map clamp, exhaust, race gas, intercooler, return line, WGA.....so for him to have S2 PLUS the SST....that MPH is only 2 mph faster? that seems like a waste....he shouldve spent the extra money on the STS instead of the SST and hit the better ET....lol

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 06:26 PM
by the way, my 109.xx run was a 13.4 time because it was raining that day. if memory serves me correct, protege mike was there to vouch for the weather. i beleive that was the day that i sold him my K&N....mike, is that correct? i see you watchin'

poorwboy
09-29-2017, 06:27 PM
well hell,im not impressed at all with the MPH on that....i hit 109.XX with a true stock turbo, no nitrous, map clamp, exhaust, race gas, intercooler, return line, WGA.....so for him to have S2 PLUS the SST....that MPH is only 2 mph faster? that seems like a waste....he shouldve spent the extra money on the STS instead of the SST and hit the better ET....lol
Or saved up another 700-1000$ and bought a 50 trim. those sst,s are like 700$:yikes:

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:29 PM
yup, and i did 110 with NO clamp and stock fuel system. :rofl:

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:30 PM
The problem with the stock turbo is the exaust side and the manifold, Not the compressor side.

me and you are on the same page bro!!!:thumb:

poorwboy
09-29-2017, 06:31 PM
Ineed to get my car back to the track one of these days and see if its slower.

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 06:35 PM
yup, and i did 110 with NO clamp and stock fuel system. :rofl:

yeah, but youre mike, and we all know mike is the he-man of the track when it comes to stock turbo SRT's...lol....besides, everyone knows that the trick AVS downdraft spoiler added 4 of thos MPH to your trap speed....lol, thats why we all wanted it!

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:36 PM
yeah, but youre mike, and we all know mike is the he-man of the track when it comes to stock turbo SRT's...lol....besides, everyone knows that the trick AVS downdraft spoiler added 4 of thos MPH to your trap speed....lol, thats why we all wanted it!

hahahah....... i wish i was HE-man, id break into some banks and get some $$$$$$:rofl: :thumb:

poorwboy
09-29-2017, 06:41 PM
Hey mike didnt you sell your car?

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 06:42 PM
get me a bag of cash too while youre in there, would ya?

well, back on topic, ok yeah, now i am really glad i didnt spend the money on the SST and just had jason port and polish and clip mine instead. turned out to be alot cheaper, and it has made enough power to catch up to and pass an older M3 and destroy a mystic cobra with full exhaust, intake, pulley from a roll....so obviously the power is there, i just gotta get 'er on the track and see how fast compared to before. im hoping at LEAST for the 109 again. its been a LOOOONG time since ive been to the quarter mile, so hell, i may be slow since im out of practice....

how is the new fontana, anybody? gripes, moans, complaints? praises, worships, thanks?

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 06:43 PM

yes he did...and he bought the uber sexy mazda thingee again....hell destroy us on the autocross now, that much is certain, but i think he will be seeing SRT taillights on the dragstrip for a while till he can get some good mods under the hood lol

messin with ya mike, dont get mad!:thumb:

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:48 PM

no, im too poor and ill get hosed on the trade in. i think im going to just blow the bitch up!! lol

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:49 PM
yes he did...and he bought the uber sexy mazda thingee again....hell destroy us on the autocross now, that much is certain, but i think he will be seeing SRT taillights on the dragstrip for a while till he can get some good mods under the hood lol

messin with ya mike, dont get mad!:thumb:

hahah.... right now i have the srt-4 & a 2017 wrx wagon.

06wrx > my srt right now.

im thinking about the msp mazda3 though :thumb:

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 06:51 PM
get me a bag of cash too while youre in there, would ya?

well, back on topic, ok yeah, now i am really glad i didnt spend the money on the SST and just had jason port and polish and clip mine instead. turned out to be alot cheaper, and it has made enough power to catch up to and pass an older M3 and destroy a mystic cobra with full exhaust, intake, pulley from a roll....so obviously the power is there, i just gotta get 'er on the track and see how fast compared to before. im hoping at LEAST for the 109 again. its been a LOOOONG time since ive been to the quarter mile, so hell, i may be slow since im out of practice....

how is the new fontana, anybody? gripes, moans, complaints? praises, worships, thanks?

im still undecited on it... i couldnt pull better then 1.9's on slicks and everyone else was running 2.0-2.1's on slicks lol!!!

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 06:54 PM
mike i thought you posted that you got the mazda? hmm....whoops...my bad.

well that is pretty shitty that a slicked up rig is still only turning 2.0's.....what kind of times are street tire cars getting in the 60'? sounds like the new track need to have more NHRA and IHRA events come thru so they can get more rubber on the concrete for us....either that or one of those gay ass NOPI burnout contests.....lol

turbo_protege5
09-29-2017, 07:12 PM
mike i thought you posted that you got the mazda? hmm....whoops...my bad.

well that is pretty shitty that a slicked up rig is still only turning 2.0's.....what kind of times are street tire cars getting in the 60'? sounds like the new track need to have more NHRA and IHRA events come thru so they can get more rubber on the concrete for us....either that or one of those gay ass NOPI burnout contests.....lol

no worries! the day i went to fontana thr track temp was 158 and it was 95+ outside. everyone was running a second or so slower. :ftard: :lol:

lunchbox660
09-29-2017, 09:53 PM
yikes....well, i HOPE to run sometime this fall/winter, so track temps will be better and so will intake temps! yay!

blackbird
09-30-2017, 07:49 AM
I could throw out that I trapped over 108 on just S2, WGA spring, and intercooler, but I also had a pretty poor 60' time on that run. Considering the boost levels ran and all factors I think it's a decent run. The fact is a lot of people could run 11's on stock/near-stock turbo, but how many people actually have been able to do it? That would be like me saying 10's aren't impressive because I already have all the pieces to make it happen. I know better than to think that. :lol:

As for upgrading the stock turbo, in general I'm not a big fan of it. Yes everyone knows the exhaust side is the biggest restriction and there's not much you can do about it. Clipping the turbine and some work in that area on the manifold will probably help enough to reduce back pressure and EGT's. With the larger 16g compressor this would allow you to probably turn the boost up a little more efficiently. At the end of the day the back pressure and EGT's might end up near the levels some people with the stock turbo are pushing but you probably would be making more power. How much and how reliably is what remains to be seen.

Without testing for those two items (back pressure and EGT) it's going to be difficult to make an educated opinion on whether this would be an acceptable option. I'm not a big fan of clipping wheels, so that already puts it at a disadvantage. Especially when combined with a larger rotating mass from the compressor on a TD04 shaft. But there are ways to lighten that assembly somewhat.

Essentially you can put it down, but I'd also have just as much criticism in regards to safety, reliability, performance potential to someone trying to maximize the stock turbo at over 20 psi and tapering down to 16. With the more efficient and larger compressor and the capability to flow a little more on the exhaust side primarily due to the clip I would expect that setup to easily out power a max'd out stock turbo.

That was also one set of runs by one person on one car. Give it time to see what he and others can do. On the subject of PTP at least he appears to ship products on time and seems to be okay on the business side but I haven't dealt with him. My only problem really isn't with the products. Someone can sell something I don't agree with and don't like, but at least the customer has choice. Then it's up to the customer to do their own homework on what's the best path to take. My only problem is how he would get super defensive anytime I tried to make a technical post or suggestion. Especially in the early development of his turbo. It's sad to have to be very careful in how you word stuff to try to get a point across and help out with some ideas in order that you won't get attacked in return.

lunchbox660
09-30-2017, 08:33 AM
true eric what you say about the turbo stuff. some of us, like me, are just to damned stubborn to fork over the extra few hundred bucks for a real turbo, thats all..:ftard:

in regards to posting about vendors products with ideas and whatnot, its kind of a hit or miss thing i guess. ive posted a couple ideas and suggestions a few times and been welcomed with open arms. i guess it kind of just depends solely on the individual. plus the fact that while PTP's track record is very good compared to other vendors, you still have alot of those assholes out there who swear that if a product doesnt have a patent and a trademark and mass produced in some 3rd world country they call it ghetto modding and they will bash it no matter what, even if it works better...so you also run the chance of offending said vendor my possibly making him think you are one of thsoe kinds of people...i dunno man, i know you and i know you know your shit, and i also know that if you say somethign, it isnt just blowing smoke, but a stranger on the other side of the globe wont know that. oh well, their loss.

hows things goin over there? see many SRT4's on the roads? i browse the international forums every now and then and it seems like weve got quite a few SRT4's over there, but i dunno if theres enough of them that you would ever see them or not....

blackbird
09-30-2017, 10:03 PM
A little bit of drama is nice to sit back and watch unfold sometimes, but I'm just about done with any comments about PTP for now. But before I bow out I'll bring up an example about the "SST" and when it was first being talked about. I recall when he put out a combination advertiser/feeler thread for what eventually became the "SST" titled something along the lines of "stock 50-trim". I think it was mentioned about how he was going to shove a 50-trim wheel in a stock turbo before he found out that wasn't possible and then moving on to talk about having a special compressor wheel made.

A lot of people don't know turbochargers models, families, and what the specifications mean but may have heard of how well a T3/T4 50-trim works on the SRT-4. So there were quite a few people that jumped on the band wagon saying they'd buy one even though it wasn't possible and they wouldn't be getting a "50-trim" stock turbo. After reading some of his posts I determined that at the time he didn't really know about the 'big' rev-rot 16g, had no ideas on the costs of developing a wheel from scratch, didn't know much about clipping, journal bearing options, the TD04 shaft size, how to lighten the rotating assembly and so on. But like anyone who's willing he's apparently learned quite a bit as he's worked with the other companies in having the "SST" put together. I just don't like the threads that get started that halfway promise and the other half are selling something that technically isn't reasonable.

Another one was about making some type of PCM flasher to raise the rev limit and then give it away for free and having 50 people jumping on the thread thinking that it's that easy. I think I sent him a pretty long PM but I'm not sure he received it. Good intentions, but it might be good to do some research before opening your mouth. Especially if you're a company and want to be taken seriously by the tech savvy consumer and not just the people who have more money than knowledge.

Enough of my rant on the subject. PTP has some nice products, it sounds like he's actually done more testing than a lot of other vendor/companies on a few of them, and he appears to have decent customer service. And I could care less that he's reselling a lot of products or branding them as his own. That's what every company does. Want to know something I'm guess quite a few people didn't know when they bought their big turbo setup? AGP doesn't make their own manifolds and are essentially repackaging a turbo kit. When they first introduced their kit for the SRT-4 they weren't making their log/tubular manifolds in house. They were being bought from another guy in AZ who specializes in welded turbo manifolds and he also happened to make products for other companies as well. That doesn't make AGP a bad company who doesn't know anything. It just means that maybe it was more economical for them to use an existing or outsourced product. So I've got nothing against John other than not personally liking how he's came across in a few threads. But hey, it's just the internet and I've also probably pissed off more than a few people. Including some on this forum too I'm guessing. :thumb:

On the other subject of Germany, it's going pretty good here. I'm riding my mountain bike more than I'm driving but I do see quite a few SRT-4's around. It's been a couple months since I'd drive to some of the other bases a lot after work, but I think one day I saw 5 different SRT-4's by the time I got from where I work to the main shopping area. I occasionally glance in the overseas section over on srtforums to see if anything is going on but this place is dead as far as local meets go. Even though there are quite a few cars within a couple hour radius I haven't even met or talked with anyone over here that's on any of the forums.

slow4dr
10-01-2017, 01:54 AM
*farts

blackbird
10-01-2017, 06:33 AM
:lol: Jason putting things into perspective with his eloquent use of the English language. :rofl:

|