PDA

View Full Version : intake mani breather?

cookie32
10-05-2020, 01:03 PM
I just received my oil catch can and k&n cai, I also purchased a breather for the intake manifold, and now I'm wondering why? Should't I just hook that line back up to the new intake? Help a Brother out!:stupid:

punkrokdood
10-05-2020, 01:11 PM
ok, catch can gets hooked up from the passenger side valve cover, to the catch can, then from the catch can to the intake manifold

the breather goes on the driver's side valve cover, then cap the nipple on the intake. or, you can just hoook it back into the intake, and not use the breather.

cookie32
10-05-2020, 01:31 PM
I appreciate that, I probably should have been more specific. Is there any advantage to hooking up the breather or is it just for looks?

punkrokdood
10-05-2020, 01:41 PM
I appreciate that, I probably should have been more specific. Is there any advantage to hooking up the breather or is it just for looks?
it'll possibly keep some blow by oil out of the turbo inlet while under boost. it shouldn't blow oil much though. the nipple there is only there as a "fresh air" source into the valve cover for the PCV system. it is routed into the intake tube for emissions reasons. generally breathers are not emissions legal, but putting one there shouldn't effect anything performance wise.

Copyright ©2000-2020
|