View Full Version : Is it rice? Ask noTe.

noTe
11-23-2018, 12:14 PM
Here we go. My views are my views only and they don't reflect the site or anyone else here. If the thread gets out of hand, I will close it. This is just for everyone to see what I think about certain modifications.

Please only ask one question at a time, thanks.

Hitman
11-23-2018, 12:15 PM
Tell us how you feel about the venting assembly referred to as the Mopar Blow Off Valve...

gudeman00
11-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Is the speaker under my hood that makes a BOV noise rice? All the kids here tell me it's sooo coooool.

noTe
11-23-2018, 12:20 PM
Tell us how you feel about the venting assembly referred to as the Mopar Blow Off Valve...

Heh. Well I did purchase this part before I even bought my SRT-4 when everyone thought the plate was functional. Once I found out it wasn't, it was removed. I found out at the 2018 Nationals from Ethan that he actually designed it himself and told me it doesn't do anything but make noise and was made to make money. That's really about it.

svt2srt4
11-23-2018, 12:21 PM
even though one is presently installed on my car i would still have to say yes due to the fact its a cheap mod that has more entertainment value then performance...imo

noTe
11-23-2018, 12:23 PM
even though one is presently installed on my car i would still have to say yes do to the fact its a cheap mod that has more entertainment value then performance...imo

A noise is not entertainment. It's a stupid part that riceboys use to show off their car. It's a waste of money and it will make you look stupid in front of veterans. Installing flashing strobes all over your car is the same as installing the Mopar Ricecrap valve

svt2srt4
11-23-2018, 12:26 PM
A noise is not entertainment. It's a stupid part that riceboys use to show off their car. It's a waste of money and it will make you look stupid in front of veterans. Installing flashing strobes all over your car is the same as installing the Mopar Ricecrap valve
its entertaining to me....and i already said its rice so im not arguing....
also by the way im currently selling:
1 used set of flashing strobes....lol

Broken5hift
11-23-2018, 12:27 PM
stage 2=rice

gudeman00
11-23-2018, 12:28 PM
its entertaining to me....and i already said its rice so im not arguing....
also by the way im currently selling:
1 used set of flashing strobes....lol

LMAO.

04azuremach
11-23-2018, 12:32 PM
Am I rice for driving with two pairs of different rims at the track?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a130/MachManRobby/sig.jpg

svt2srt4
11-23-2018, 12:38 PM
do full body decal kits=rice?
or windshield banners?
performance company decals?

noTe
11-23-2018, 12:41 PM
do full body decal kits=rice?
or windshield banners?
performance company decals?

If your actually getting money or parts from the company, no it isn't rice.

However, I find it funny that Lisa Kubo is sponsored by APC when she doesn't use jackshit from APC on her car.

svt2srt4
11-23-2018, 12:50 PM
If your actually getting money or parts from the company, no it isn't rice.

However, I find it funny that Lisa Kubo is sponsored by APC when she doesn't use jackshit from APC on her car.
off subject...i met lisa kubo and hung out in her challet with her and got free food from saturn motorsports...we had vip passes last year at the import drag nationals at Infineon raceway...sorry just had to say something

Buckonine
11-24-2018, 02:25 AM
What do you think about carbon fiber? I would love to get a CF hood, but by the time you spend 500+ hunderd dollars, that is alot of money that could be spent on performance upgrades...

The-Violator
11-24-2018, 04:06 AM
This is how I look at CF hoods.. If you are buying one to save weight, save your money. You could lose more weight just by buying a smaller dry cell battery. Anyone who has a CF hood and the stock battery and trys to say they did it to save weight is full of it. They did it for looks.

I don't care either way, I'm not a hugh fan of CF, but I don't hate it.

Buckonine
11-24-2018, 06:10 AM
I like CF in small doses. It just sounds like "I did it for the weight", is too convient of a answer to why a person did it. I guess as long as somebody said they did if for the looks, and didn't care what others thought, that should be fine. It's your car, do as you please....except for that Acuma guy...someone needs to stop him.

noTe
11-24-2018, 10:45 AM
Carbon fiber should only be used to make things lighter. I had the entire rear of my car gutted... no rear seats, no carpet in the trunk, no spare, with the carbon fiber trunk lid and I was beating cars that had more modifications than I did. If you install something like carbon fiber eyelids on your headlights or something stupid like that, then it's rice.

Also, you can get cheap carbon fiber trunk lids and hoods. Just look for them used on SRT Forums.

svt2srt4
11-24-2018, 01:34 PM
This is how I look at CF hoods.. If you are buying one to save weight, save your money. You could lose more weight just by buying a smaller dry cell battery. Anyone who has a CF hood and the stock battery and trys to say they did it to save weight is full of it. They did it for looks.

I don't care either way, I'm not a hugh fan of CF, but I don't hate it.
dude so true...and im sorry but im under the impression that note is giving a bias opinion due to the fact he chose a cf trunklid for his ride i think that the carbon fiber decklid/trunk issue should be put to a vote by all syndicate members to see what the majority thinks...my vote=its rice
carbon fiber hoods=rice
yes=1 ..........................no=0

noTe
11-24-2018, 01:44 PM
dude so true...and im sorry but im under the impression that note is giving a bias opinion due to the fact he chose a cf trunklid for his ride i think that the carbon fiber decklid/trunk issue should be put to a vote by all syndicate members to see what the majority thinks...my vote=its rice
carbon fiber hoods=rice
yes=1 ..........................no=0

You have NO IDEA what your talking about. The reason why I bought the trunk lid is because it is so light. You could pick up the entire trunk lid with your pinky finger using the brake light hole. The entire rear of my car was about 2 inches higher because of how much less weight there was.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODkwNTUzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

svt2srt4
11-24-2018, 01:54 PM
You have NO IDEA what your talking about. The reason why I bought the trunk lid is because it is so light. You could pick up the entire trunk lid with your pinky finger using the brake light hole. The entire rear of my car was about 2 inches higher because of how much less weight there was.

alright then your "vote" is for no its not rice , keep in mind we all have opinions here..
cf hoods is it rice?
yes=1........................no=1

noTe
11-24-2018, 01:59 PM
alright then your "vote" is for no its not rice , keep in mind we all have opinions here..
cf hoods is it rice?
yes=1........................no=1

We are not voting on what is rice and isn't. This topic is to ask me. Carbon fiber is used in Indycars and road racing cars to be lightweight and strong. If you keep talking about voting, I'm just going to delete this entire thread. Carbon fiber is only rice when your using it to add weight.

svt2srt4
11-24-2018, 02:10 PM
We are not voting on what is rice and isn't. This topic is to ask me. Carbon fiber is used in Indycars and road racing cars to be lightweight and strong. If you keep talking about voting, I'm just going to delete this entire thread. Carbon fiber is only rice when your not using it to add weight.
whatever....no more vote....i just think that one is up for debate...but if you dont, then forget it.....your thread your rules...:thumb:

Super Steve
12-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Hey NoTe, Super Steve stopping by to say hello to you Brother. Well let's aee how this site does..

Broken5hift
12-05-2018, 07:16 PM
hey super steve! glad you made it over!

Naner
12-05-2018, 07:59 PM

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODkwNTUzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

If that is your car then you have rolled your rear bumper. Isn't that rice? If it's done to improve the looks of the car then it is rice by your definition so please explain yourself.

Broken5hift
12-05-2018, 08:04 PM
If that is your car then you have rolled your rear bumper. Isn't that rice? If it's done to improve the looks of the car then it is rice by your definition so please explain yourself.

if he has no exhaust out the back its rice to have two exhaust holes in the bumper with no tips to put in them. hence rolling them creates a flush look and takes away from the fact there is no exhaust out back. thanks, try again.

Naner
12-05-2018, 08:09 PM
if he has no exhaust out the back its rice to have two exhaust holes in the bumper with no tips to put in them. hence rolling them creates a flush look and takes away from the fact there is no exhaust out back. thanks, try again.

But then wouldn't removing the back half of your exhaust qualify as rice also?

And from his earlier posts he cleary says that things done sheerly for looks are rice. That bumper is rolled because it "creates a flush look." Sorry but I thought ricers were the ones that want a flush look on there car.:jester:

punkrokdood
12-05-2018, 08:09 PM
is it rice?
or is it pasta?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/kailuakid/rice-a-roni-label.jpg

Broken5hift
12-05-2018, 08:40 PM
But then wouldn't removing the back half of your exhaust qualify as rice also?

And from his earlier posts he cleary says that things done sheerly for looks are rice. That bumper is rolled because it "creates a flush look." Sorry but I thought ricers were the ones that want a flush look on there car.:jester:

he probably has a dump exhaust. so do you think having two open holes with no exhaust in them is better than making the bumper flush?

this is rice: http://www.autobahnmotorsports.com/aerokits/94-98%20Mustang/images/ABMFM94BWIIRB.jpg
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/Hyunai%20Elantra%20Rear.jpg
http://www.compusmart.ab.ca/fx/GM%20Firebird%2082-92%20Xtreme%20Rear.jpg

dual exhaust bumpers with no exhaust in them looks much ricier than a rolled bumper. your missing the whole point of doing it.

svt2srt4
12-05-2018, 08:48 PM
Personally I just don't get it. What is rice is all opinion and you all are proving it and me also by the fact that no one agree's what is exactly rice( except the obvious neons, strobes,airplane wing). So what is the point of this to argue over what is and what is not rice?.Who cares if it's rice if you don't like it don't do it to your own car. Stop being hater's and worry about what you think of your own car. And by the way there is nothing wrong with rice if that is what they like then so be it and move on already.

------By the way flame me if you want , I don't care so bite me-------------

Also if you are so into anti-rice here join in on this guys website:
www.anti-rice.com

fflores
12-06-2018, 02:38 AM
wait til note tries to tell you about how getting a aftermarket shifter "KNOB" is a "Performance Mod" cause the knob makes you "Shift Faster"... or at least thats what he tried to tell a few of us a while back.

Fourbanger
12-06-2018, 08:13 AM
Here is a good one, are powder coated rims rice? What about the break calipers being painted, Rice?

What about tinted windows?
Since your car runs the same dirty or clean is it rice to have a clean car more often than not?

What about mufflers, whats your take on the riceyness of mufflers?

Tom Joad
12-06-2018, 08:30 AM
Here is a good one, are powder coated rims rice? What about the break calipers being painted, Rice?

Since your car runs the same dirty or clean is it rice to have a clean car more often than not?

What about mufflers, whats your take on the riceyness of mufflers?

It depends on how flatulant the exhaust note is.

el_jefe
12-06-2018, 08:34 AM

Tinted windows are not rice here in AZ, they are a necessity. Anything to cut down the heat in the summer.

gudeman00
12-06-2018, 08:42 AM
I have tinted windows both for privacy and to keep heat out in the summer, and heat in in the winter. 15% all around.

Tom Joad
07-24-2018, 03:50 PM
:bump: for the memories

slow4dr
07-24-2018, 04:12 PM
:rofl:

punkrokdood
07-24-2018, 04:15 PM
is this rice?
http://www.csc-media.com/trash/note/DSC_4590.JPG

slow4dr
07-24-2018, 04:17 PM