View Full Version : tuned the car today

evil_2
11-12-2019, 02:40 AM
i got new plugs today (champion 470's gapped to 35), boost set to 18 psi spike, hold 15 to redline....me and my buddy damian road tuned my car with the safc..didnt need to mess with the low throttle settings becuase stock afr's and drivebility are fine...tuned the high throttle as follows:

low throttle: 10% high throttle: 70%

1000 rpm -10% 11.6 afr at redline
2000 -12% 11.4 afr at redline 3000 -12% 11.7 afr at redline
4000 -13% 11.7 afr at redline
5000 -13% 11.5 afr at redline
6000 -10% 11.3 afr at rev limiter

in 2nd and 3rd gear i get a 12.0 afr spike at about 5000 rpm but settles down but i still feel thats safe for the boost levels i am running...

the car no longer lugs in lower rpm in 3rd and 4th gear at WOT....car pulls alot harder in all gears....mid range power from a roll in 3rd and 4th is alot more responsive and feels alot more agressive and car seems to pull all the way to redline..i feel no power fall over 5000 rpm like before tune.

i did attempt to install the ptp FPR mod and i did not like how the restrictor had to be crammed into the FPR reg..i got it in there and it didnt fit..the disc was too big for the hole and i refuse to mess up my stock reg...

so, this tune is on the stock 58 psi...but, with me pulling 13 percent fuel through the rpm range i dont feel that i need fuel pressure mod yet..when i run methanol/water, the methanol will richen up the mixture.

my car ran a 13.51 @ 104 before the safc and running 10.0 afr's and 12 psi at redline with street tires and cutout closed...with the setup now and the way the car pulls is see 13.30' on street tires..maybe 13.20's....def 12s on slicks.....

next to install is my coolingmist single stage injection....at that point ill need slicks to run good times at the track.....

here are all my current mods installed

apexi s-afc
msd tach adapter
AEM wideband
autometer pahntom 30 psi boost gauge
AEM short ram intake with the dry filter
UMS big front mount intercooler
iceman 60mm throttle body
kinetic adjustable WGA
Fades tip mod
ported stock spacer
maxfab 3 inch catted downpipe
3 inch exhaust cutout
3 inch mid pipe with resonators removed
bwoody solid motor mounts
bwoody solid tranny mount
champion 470's gapped at .035
intrax progressive springs

lunchbox660
11-12-2019, 11:44 AM
no way dude, your car ALREADY has 12's in it on street tires. you need to practice your launches. i hit 13.1 @ 107.2 on street tires with a WGA, 3" exhaust and a MAP clamp....the same setup that i showed you my dyno sheet for. if i could do 13.1 with that short of a list of parts, you can do better with that long list. just keep practicing those launches man! go find a remote parking lot and do a bunch of them till you find what works best for your tires, then next time you go to the track, youll be good to go! lower the pressure just a little bit and everything else should be butter!

cookie32
11-12-2019, 12:05 PM
evil 2 man I got a couple of question for you.

1. What does the exhaust cutout do for you, looking for general explanation of purpose?
2. what are you using for boost control?
3. s-afc how much of a pain was it to hook upand tune you s-afc, and would you do it again?

lunchbox660
11-12-2019, 12:37 PM
since evil is not currently watching topic, i will answer the cutout question for him since i also have one....

the cutout allows you basically to have the same thing as a 3" exhaust without having to replace the whole exhaust. you jus replace the downpipe only. this way you can still keep the car relatively quiet and stock appearing when it is closed, but when it is open, you get the full benefit of a large diameter exhaust. when i installed mine, i also installed two extra mufflers inline to make my stock exhaust even MORE quiet when the cutout is closed. it is very nice.

cookie32
11-12-2019, 12:41 PM
so when it's open the exhaust exits just after the downpipe? You have to purchase a switch control butterfly valve to control it correct?

kulapiku
11-12-2019, 12:46 PM
you can have it either manually removable where you climb under the car and take off three wingnuts, or get a powered unit to remotely open it..

Here's some info and videos (http://www.needswings.com/ProductsList.aspx?CategoryID=10&selection=1)

cookie32
11-12-2019, 12:51 PM
instead od buying a 3'' turboback all I have to do is get a 3'' dp with cutoff and a valve.

Who'd a thunk it

evil_2
11-12-2019, 01:07 PM
evil 2 man I got a couple of question for you.

1. What does the exhaust cutout do for you, looking for general explanation of purpose?
2. what are you using for boost control?
3. s-afc how much of a pain was it to hook upand tune you s-afc, and would you do it again?

thanks for answering the first one lunchbox..

i zm using my adjustable wastegate to adjust my boost...i had a forbe MBC and all it did was cause me to spike more and made my boost laggy....if i do invest in a boost cntroller it will be and electronic one.

yes, id install the safc again...it took me about 4-5 house but i did it right...i soldered every connection and i hid all the wires and ran them through the stock wire looms to hide them...

too many people half as installs , trust ive see some with my own eyes....ill never do that to my car.

cookie32
11-12-2019, 01:15 PM
I here what your saying, I'm a firm believer in do it right the first time, but my problem is figuring out the right things to put on and such......

evil_2
11-12-2019, 01:24 PM
I here what your saying, I'm a firm believer in do it right the first time, but my problem is figuring out the right things to put on and such......

well man...feel free to ask questions..youll find that there are very simple ways to get reliable HP out f your SRT and not spend alot of money.

ive done alo of research and i know what i have on my car works.

there are alt of realy good guys on this site that can lead you the right way...

if you have any questions please ask me or one of the guys on the forum..

cookie32
11-12-2019, 01:27 PM
trust me I will, thanks......

lunchbox660
11-12-2019, 02:00 PM
plus one for asking for help. i had a local buddy who decided to try and install his SAFC himself and he royally jacked the whole damn wiring harness of the car up, fried his computer, and STILL got no result. he had to get a new computer and have the dealer replace his wiring harness. total time of car being down for being too lazy to ask for help: over two weeks.

cookie32
11-12-2019, 02:06 PM
LOL, not to laugh at you friends expense but thats exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Researching scan tools now.

lunchbox660
11-12-2019, 02:40 PM
yea, he called me after the fact and i went over to his house and his wiring harness on the PCM looked like a nuclear warhead blew up in there....it was ll fcked up, and th ecar wouldnt turn over or ANYTHING. it was fucked. turns out he contacted SEVERAL of the pinouts in the connectors because he took out the colored seperators and didnt put them back in properly when done....

cookie32
11-12-2019, 02:42 PM
sounds like a pro......
Remind me who not to ask got wiring help when the time comes, lol

evil_2
11-12-2019, 03:19 PM
wow...that sux....

lunchbox660
11-13-2019, 05:14 AM
yup. i only wish he wouldve consulted with me first so i couldve helped him save the money he wasted getting it fixed. oh well. at least it runs good now that it is done!

Alec Trevelyan
11-13-2019, 04:14 PM
With your mods you should deff see 12's on street tires which is good.

evil_2
11-13-2019, 05:18 PM
had an issue with the afr's today..in 3rd i was seeing 12.1 at redline....maybe becuase it was colder out?

|