View Full Version : i got the aem WB to read on the DTEC

norcal3737
12-21-2019, 04:43 PM
so ive done countless research and looked deep into the archives over at the srtforums on just HOW TO HOOK UP a 0-5v WB such as the aem or ngk wideband to read properly on the dtec.

no luck. yes, there is a how to for the LM-1...but the output for it is 1-2v output and is alot easier to setup.

as for the aem. ive yet to find out.

so i took to some thinking this whole week and came up w/ some settings that would make sense, but ended up not working. after some tweaking, its safe to say that i got it to work. and was on targer +/- .2 afr. as close as itll get.

if there are some aem wideband users here w/ the dtec...drop me a note, and ill get you all set up.

if you have the ngk wideband...it CAN work...but i would need to know the maximum and minimum afr it can read.

eVilcreations
12-21-2019, 08:35 PM
I'm down.....AEM Dual Channel UEGO controller, UEGO Display, and DTEC FC.

Josh

norcal3737
12-21-2019, 08:59 PM
I'm down.....AEM Dual Channel UEGO controller, UEGO Display, and DTEC FC.

Josh

whats the dual channel? is that just the standard aem wideband? :lol:

one thing...do you have the analog pickup wire from turboxs? its like $20 extra.

if so, i will get on it and send you the info on this next time i turn on the car, so i can write down all the settings.

eVilcreations
12-22-2019, 03:43 AM
whats the dual channel? is that just the standard aem wideband? :lol:

one thing...do you have the analog pickup wire from turboxs? its like $20 extra.

if so, i will get on it and send you the info on this next time i turn on the car, so i can write down all the settings.

AEM dual channel is basically the same as the UEGO gauge, it has all the same outputs and such....it just has a seperate box instead of all being built into a gauge.

I do not have the analog pickup wire YET, but it is on order.....

Just let me know whatcha figured out, and I'll rock it out.

Josh

norcal3737
12-22-2019, 11:53 AM
AEM dual channel is basically the same as the UEGO gauge, it has all the same outputs and such....it just has a seperate box instead of all being built into a gauge.

I do not have the analog pickup wire YET, but it is on order.....

Just let me know whatcha figured out, and I'll rock it out.

Josh

gotcha.

once i get off work and on my laptop ill post the settings.

mike

lunchbox660
12-22-2019, 12:03 PM
aeroforcetech (the company that make the scan gauges) has inputs and they have prescribed a set of directions for how to run a wideband thru their gauges. i dont know if the formula is the same for a dtec, but here is what they use for their gauges...maybe it helps, maybe not...

quoted from forcefedjunkie on srtforums:
"Currently our SRT-4 has an AEM wideband connected to the analog 1 input, and a GM 3 bar MAP (you could use a Chrysler just as easily) to analog input #2. The wide band came from AEM with its analog output set for 0-5v=10-20 A/F ratio, so I entered the equation V(oltage) * 2 + 10 through the menu. The menu wants to see this equation as a slope (2) and intercept (10). So "2" and "10" are entered when prompted. This is a very quick and simple step which is further described on our manual."

the thread can be found here:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273523

i know it is not the same gauge as the dtec, but it is possible that it may use the same imput parameters for a 5v setup. check it out and let me know if it works...

lunchbox660
12-22-2019, 12:10 PM
i just called turbo xs and the guy on the phone said that their intention for the analog inpputs was to be used with the tuner wideband, not a seperate gauge set. (bullshit) he knows some people have made ti work but couldnt/wouldnt tell me how. sorry that didnt help, but i just thought i would let you know to save you the trouble of calling them yourself. hopefully my previous post helped in some way.

norcal3737
12-22-2019, 01:17 PM
aeroforcetech (the company that make the scan gauges) has inputs and they have prescribed a set of directions for how to run a wideband thru their gauges. i dont know if the formula is the same for a dtec, but here is what they use for their gauges...maybe it helps, maybe not...

quoted from forcefedjunkie on srtforums:
"Currently our SRT-4 has an AEM wideband connected to the analog 1 input, and a GM 3 bar MAP (you could use a Chrysler just as easily) to analog input #2. The wide band came from AEM with its analog output set for 0-5v=10-20 A/F ratio, so I entered the equation V(oltage) * 2 + 10 through the menu. The menu wants to see this equation as a slope (2) and intercept (10). So "2" and "10" are entered when prompted. This is a very quick and simple step which is further described on our manual."

the thread can be found here:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273523

i know it is not the same gauge as the dtec, but it is possible that it may use the same imput parameters for a 5v setup. check it out and let me know if it works...

hmmm...slope/intercept? thats a lil diff setup than the dtec.

there's cal input/output and Mv reading input/output as well as min/max cal.

i cant take a look at that link you posted because i got the banstick for getting in an arguement over at those forums w/ a few people. o well.:rofl:

anyways, i got it to work right on the dot.

the afr's will show in gauge mode, as well as dashboard mode (my personal fav. setting), but wont show on datalogger mode.

give me a few hrs, and ill have those settings up for you guys.

:thumb:

dansrt4
12-26-2019, 09:04 PM
if you didnt figure this out im already doing it on my car lemmie know

norcal3737
12-26-2019, 09:47 PM
if you didnt figure this out im already doing it on my car lemmie know

are you trying to make it work on your car and need some input?

or are you saying you already did?

i've been awfully busy lately. 2mro looks like a clear day for me after work. should have it up by then.

dansrt4
12-26-2019, 10:10 PM
no its working in my car has been for like 2 months now

norcal3737
12-26-2019, 11:51 PM
no its working in my car has been for like 2 months now

doh!

well...geez, thanks for the help when i was in need over in the srtforums dan!

:rofl:

dansrt4
12-27-2019, 12:19 AM
mario03srt helped me with it

boostnPJNY
01-10-2019, 08:07 PM
doh!

well...geez, thanks for the help when i was in need over in the srtforums dan!

:rofl:

norcal

settings for dtec and wideband?

DJOrtiz
05-21-2019, 09:19 PM
ohhh... nor cal, hook me up with the instructions...

norcal3737
05-30-2019, 11:53 AM
ohhh... nor cal, hook me up with the instructions...

catch me on the national forums...

christian! is the sn.
ill give you my how to.

|