View Full Version : carbon fiber hood ?

brucebaldwin
02-08-2019, 09:07 PM
it looks like the "carbon by design" hood fits pretty well and was wondering if i can get some feedback on some other brands before i buy one..

lunchbox660
02-08-2019, 10:13 PM
they are all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAy cheaper than the CBD ones, i can tell you that much...you can buy 2 or 3 other brand hoods for the same price, and they will still fit ok. my buddy picked one up for $150 and it fit just like stock, all we had to do was line up the hinges, thats all...it was easy.

Intruudir
02-10-2019, 04:06 PM
Usually you get what you pay for.....some of the cheapers ones guys have had trouble with.
CBD are usually good and if you should have any trouble they are a very repituble company that will take care of any problem and they are not going anywhere.

IPP are good too...

blackbird
02-10-2019, 04:13 PM
As long as the cheaper ones are properly reinforced in the hinge and latch area. Also that they have a proper coating to resist UV damage. None of the hoods I've seen fit perfect, but I would be careful and at least check into how the hood is made if you decide to get an off-brand one. I've seen the CBD hoods made and I've seen the exorbitant price of raw carbon fiber, so I'm a little wary of the cheap stuff. Especially since they don't do anything and are primarily for their looks.

brucebaldwin
02-10-2019, 05:02 PM
well of course fitment is a concern of mine but the insurance company is paying for it...so im only spending $250 either way..

blackbird
02-10-2019, 05:12 PM
If you had an accident and they're paying for repairs, just beware that the stock hood is very expensive from the dealer (something like over $1200 as I'm sure you found out). If you ever want to put it back to stock and go with a carbon fiber replacement you might save a little of the money you should be getting an d save put it aside in case a good used one comes up for sale.

brucebaldwin
02-10-2019, 05:34 PM
well im also wanting the kaminari turbo front bumper but dont have alot of feedback on it..but yeah i'll see whats happens with the payout

blackbird
02-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Just make sure that if your body shop uses the aftermarket carbon fiber that you pocket some cash. Stock OEM stuff is expensive. :thumb:

Intruudir
04-29-2019, 12:07 PM
Just make sure that if your body shop uses the aftermarket carbon fiber that you pocket some cash. Stock OEM stuff is expensive. :thumb:

X2 :stupid:

|