PDA

View Full Version : oil sending unit how to???

spools
03-22-2019, 07:58 AM
Car is on jack stands and I need a how-to for this oil sending unit.. anyone got one or canhelp me out?

lunchbox660
03-22-2019, 07:59 AM
if i remember correctly, you dont even need the car in the air...there are two bungs on the side of the head near the battery...use those....

sertme
03-22-2019, 01:12 PM
Take off the oil cooler and its right above you. I did mine when I did my downpipe. Theres a pin/clip on the top of it that you have to pull out before it will dethread. Theres a how to somewhere around here, lemme see if I can find it.

EDIT: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16894&d=1107613063

If you can't go there, just let me know via pm or aim my s/n is omgitbealex

spools
03-22-2019, 03:02 PM
awesome, thats what I was looking for man!!!

spools
03-22-2019, 03:09 PM
this may sound dumb...but what exactly is being installed in that how-to?? Just the oil sending unit? or something else along with it? also, if its that much of a bitch, can I just unplug it and install my new oil sending unit in the side of the block and replug it in there and just leave the other one in the back of the block? Im confused. My oil sending unit is bad and my oil light comes on all the time for no reason, that is why im changing it..

punkrokdood
03-22-2019, 03:15 PM
this may sound dumb...but what exactly is being installed in that how-to?? Just the oil sending unit? or something else along with it? also, if its that much of a bitch, can I just unplug it and install my new oil sending unit in the side of the block and replug it in there and just leave the other one in the back of the block? Im confused. My oil sending unit is bad and my oil light comes on all the time for no reason, that is why im changing it..
that was for an aftermarket gauge to be installed with a tee to the stocker... it shows you how to get to your stocker though :thumb:

lunchbox660
03-22-2019, 10:42 PM
my bad, i thought this was to install a completely seperate one. most of them ive seen go in the bungs on the side of the head. didnt know you were talking about the stocker or teeing into the stocker. sorry.

joe

sertme
03-22-2019, 11:06 PM

Mine was the same way, replaced it when I did my downpipe, took maybe a half hour and it doesn't come on anymore. 03 pressure sending units FTW.

liteshow
03-23-2019, 08:55 AM
I have mine in the extra plug in the oil pan. I get real good readings there. Better then the head. You do have to make a L pipe out of some brass fittings to have room for it there.

Copyright ©2000-2019
|