View Full Version : Who wants to follow me to Palomar this Sunday?

melmsrt4
05-25-2019, 08:30 AM
MonsterLemon and I were talking about going to Palomar Mt. this Sunday, he was going to post it up but I didn't see the thread so here it is. We are meeting in Temecula at 8am, Sun May 27th. PM me for meeting location or if SD peeps want to meet somewhere in between (like we did last time) let me know. I'll update this first post as ppl sign in.

1. MonsterLemon
2. melmsrt4
3. racersrtx (Johan)
4. lunchbox660 (maybe)
5. ?

This is on the other forum also. Wanted to make sure I let all the "Banneded" :banned: peeps know that they're invited too.:thumb:

lunchbox660
05-25-2019, 08:42 AM
what is the purpose of this trip? is it racing, just a meet, is there a track? is it a photochoot? what are we doing....i might be interested if you included some more details...

melmsrt4
05-25-2019, 09:02 AM
what is the purpose of this trip? is it racing, just a meet, is there a track? is it a photochoot? what are we doing....i might be interested if you included some more details...

No Track, no race, just a fun run on some twisty back roads with plenty of photo opps, some lunch, and good times bs-ing each time we stop. If people bring two way radios it gets better. Let me know if you want to know more.:thumb:

blackbird
05-25-2019, 09:56 AM
Dang. It seems to have been a long time since that last Palomar run. Too bad I won't be back stateside for another few months. Fun day, especially if you have suspension work and don't have to play accelerate hard on the straights and brake hard for the corners trying to keep up. :lol:

melmsrt4
05-25-2019, 10:13 AM
Dang. It seems to have been a long time since that last Palomar run. Too bad I won't be back stateside for another few months. Fun day, especially if you have suspension work and don't have to play accelerate hard on the straights and brake hard for the corners trying to keep up. :lol:

Hi Eric, We'll make sure to have a "Welcome Home Palomar Run" just for you.:thumb:

blackbird
05-25-2019, 10:45 AM
Sweet. I might just have to see if I can get a certain "new" car registered and legal for the street. Or maybe have my SRT-4 back on the road. :thumb:

...which will remind me again I need suspension upgrades. :lol:

blackbird
05-25-2019, 10:46 AM
Nothing like stopping in the middle of a Palomar run with all four brakes smoking.

melmsrt4
05-25-2019, 11:12 AM
We had a good time back then. All I had was springs and rear sbar our first time out. Thats all you need to keep up, that and knowing the road like I do. You could always bring the SVT Focus, not quite as fun on the straights but I think it works on the curves better than the SRT, both in stock form. So what's the other "new" vehicle your contemplating?

lunchbox660
05-25-2019, 12:12 PM
hmm sounds like fun! *GOOGLING LOCATION OF PALOMAR*

lunchbox660
05-25-2019, 12:13 PM
um, nothing in california came up when i googled it...please help me out here....

melmsrt4
05-25-2019, 01:10 PM
um, nothing in california came up when i googled it...please help me out here....

Try this link:

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Palomar+Mountain,+CA,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

slow4dr
05-25-2019, 01:37 PM
That would just be my luck, decide to sell the car, take it for a "spirited" drive up Palomar & crash it.

hmmmmm, not a bad idea

melmsrt4
05-25-2019, 01:52 PM
That would just be my luck, decide to sell the car, take it for a "spirited" drive up Palomar & crash it.

hmmmmm, not a bad idea

All the drives that I have lead have gone without incidents, not to say that others have been so lucky. Except for Cannikan on Couser Canyon Road, but that was almost 3 years ago.

Everyone goes at there own pace. Thats why we bring radios to keep intouch and no one gets lost when we get separated. Come join the fun Jason.

lunchbox660
05-25-2019, 02:45 PM
Try this link:

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Palomar+Mountain,+CA,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

well that works., wierd. if you go to google maps and just type "palomar" or "palomar, ca" you do not get that. wierd. thanks!

time and location to meet? i am intersted, need to find out details.,

blackbird
05-25-2019, 06:46 PM
We had a good time back then. All I had was springs and rear sbar our first time out. Thats all you need to keep up, that and knowing the road like I do. You could always bring the SVT Focus, not quite as fun on the straights but I think it works on the curves better than the SRT, both in stock form. So what's the other "new" vehicle your contemplating?
Yeah, the Focus would do quite well. And it's not really a contemplation any more on a new vehicles since I already sent a check for it last week and should be having it shipped this upcoming week. The auction fell through with the winning bidder and I was able to pick this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130103191684) up. Doubt it will be out on the street though. Then again... :lol:

melmsrt4
05-25-2019, 11:55 PM
well that works., wierd. if you go to google maps and just type "palomar" or "palomar, ca" you do not get that. wierd. thanks!

time and location to meet? i am intersted, need to find out details.,

PM sent.

melmsrt4
05-26-2019, 12:14 AM
Yeah, the Focus would do quite well. And it's not really a contemplation any more on a new vehicles since I already sent a check for it last week and should be having it shipped this upcoming week. The auction fell through with the winning bidder and I was able to pick this (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130103191684) up. Doubt it will be out on the street though. Then again... :lol:

Interesting choice, even though I knew you were into the GM Citations. Looks like someone put a ton of money into, but I bet it moves pretty good. Would really surprise a few people. Keep us posted on when your coming home.

blackbird
05-26-2019, 08:27 AM
They won quite a few of the World Challenge and Firehawk IMSA events when introduced and did quite well in other SCCA classes. Should be interesting to play around in. I figured I couldn't build a car anywhere close to like that for what he was selling it for. That and the SCX and the couple year older Beretta GTU's are both kind of spiritual successors to my Citation X-11's. :lol:

If you guys do a run be sure to post up some pictures. Besides the fun driving there a lot of great places. :thumb:

melmsrt4
05-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Included lunchbox660 as a maybe since he seemed pretty interested but haven't heard a definite yet.

Anybody have two way radios besides me?

lunchbox660
05-26-2019, 04:49 PM
im interested, but that will make like 5 tanks of gas in 3 days for me....

melmsrt4
05-26-2019, 05:26 PM
im interested, but that will make like 5 tanks of gas in 3 days for me....
If you've never done Palomar Mountain and you like hitting the twisties this will be more than worth it. Of all the runs that I've put together there's never been anyone that didn't enjoy it or asked when we would do this again. If it helps you can ride shotgun with me and leave your car at my place, just bring an extra pair of shorts:lol: . Seriously you won't regret coming.:thumb:

slow4dr
05-26-2019, 05:43 PM
OOPS, it's my dads birthday tomorrow and my mom is throwing him a party. Have fun fellas

blackbird
05-26-2019, 08:51 PM
Definitely worth it and they don't happen as often as they should. :thumb:

mole'
07-15-2019, 01:54 AM
this sunday or next sunday????????

|