View Full Version : e01 to lm1 help

Godspd
06-23-2019, 04:28 PM
ok i have the external harness for EO1, however i don't have the analog output cable for the LM1 -- what can i substitute, I figured i could use headphones wire w/ jack, but i couldn't seem to get it to work... is there a certain gauge wire i should look for? i wired the white wire to the jack in everyway -- and already calibrated the settings for the LM1 on my computer... so i am stumped on this one fellas... i did it exactly how exhaust depot did the write up ---- i am guess one i am not wire things up properly which seems hard unless i need to further wire more of the exteral harness black wire for ground to analog copper... fuck i don't know

any suggestions:fail:

blackbird
06-23-2019, 04:36 PM
It's been a long time since I've done any wiring on the e-manage's. If you're looking for stuff on the LM1 you might stop by Innovate's forums if you haven't already taken a look. They've usually got a lot of good info.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/index.php

Godspd
06-23-2019, 04:41 PM
yeah i have searched around on there, but maybe i will find something new... this is a royal pain in the ass... because the lm1 analog wire is like 8 bucks but then they want to charge you like 10 for shipping screw that!

appreciate the quick reply

blackbird
06-23-2019, 04:46 PM
I don't have any of my car parts or manuals here but I thought you could make one yourself. They're pretty good about answering questions so if you can't find anything post up something on their forums or contact tech support and I bet they will tell you how to source something local and not try to push you their cable is it isn't a special piece. :thumb:

Godspd
06-23-2019, 06:02 PM
THAT OTHER DAMN SRT FORUMS:biggerthanbrandon: HAS THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE THAT ARE ON IT, AND I HAVEN'T GOT ONE RESPONSE YET... THAT PISSES ME OFF.... THANKS FOR ATTEMPTING TO HELP ME!! IT'S APPRECIATED!

lunchbox660
06-24-2019, 12:35 AM
the only thing i can think of is that innovate is very specific about using MULTIPLE solid grounds for each component in their strings. that being said, you may have to ground your external input elsewhere because it could be causing some interference. ive done alot of electrcal work in cars and never had a problem using one REALLY good ground for mulitple units, but they are VERY specific about NOT diong it with their equipment, so that is the only thing i can think of that would be the problem. good luck with it and let us know how it works out.

Godspd
07-31-2019, 10:10 PM
the only thing i can think of is that innovate is very specific about using MULTIPLE solid grounds for each component in their strings. that being said, you may have to ground your external input elsewhere because it could be causing some interference. ive done alot of electrcal work in cars and never had a problem using one REALLY good ground for mulitple units, but they are VERY specific about NOT diong it with their equipment, so that is the only thing i can think of that would be the problem. good luck with it and let us know how it works out.

got the problem solved sometime ago... thanks all!

blackbird
07-31-2019, 10:49 PM
What did you end up using?

|