View Full Version : SAFC and are basically doesnt run

AdictedToPoker
09-24-2019, 11:17 AM
Ok, so this problem is really starting to piss me off. It seems like I fix it then it comes back like a month later. I think i need to strip off all the wiring and rewire it, but if any one has anyideas you should let me know. The safc and tach driver have ran perfectly fine for about 2 years untill about a year ago. Most recent the car statrted running a little lean and threw the p0108 code, but that went away a day later. I knew it would come back so I went out today to check everything out and didnt really do much other than make sure the wires were all still connected. Once i verified that I went to start the can up, and it doesnt start just crank. I start it again and it cranks 2-3 times then catches but has a terrible idle and I can smell the richness of the mixture. Its running about 10 afr at idle and sputters real bad and drops rpms if i bring it up ti 1500 rpms. So as of right now the car basically doesnt run and I have too many tests this week to do anything about it till the weekend. I need to get this figured out this weekend because I need to drive home (~600 miles) on oct 5th. I am done with class on thursday so i got a TON of time. So other then rewiring the entire sacf tach criver combo throw out ideas. I know blackbird said to check the pump last year when this first started happening but i looked and everything seemed fine and te problems went away, so I guess I could check that out too. Make large lists for me please.

AdictedToPoker
09-24-2019, 11:31 AM
possible solutions i have found on the other site

bad ground
not wired corretly
need a new map sensor
need to lower fuel press (dunno how the hell to do that on stock, no return line)

thats all i got so far

punkrokdood
09-24-2019, 11:33 AM
i'd try a new map sensor... the stockers are super cheap from jimmy. a local guy here accidentally blew one up with a map clamp installed wrong, and i had one go bad as well...

AdictedToPoker
09-24-2019, 04:32 PM
i'd try a new map sensor... the stockers are super cheap from jimmy. a local guy here accidentally blew one up with a map clamp installed wrong, and i had one go bad as well...

Im pming him about one now, so any other sugestions would be nice.

punkrokdood
09-24-2019, 04:37 PM
well, the fact that you're throwing a p0108, and the car is sputtering and running like ass (if at all) it makes me think its the sensor, or the sensor wiring. i never had an safc or clamp installed, so i swapped out the sensor, and it fixed it instantly. i'm starting to wonder if maybe the stock MAP sensors PHYSICALLY can't handle much more than stock boost levels since this wouldn't be the first i've heard of them going bad

AdictedToPoker
09-24-2019, 04:39 PM
well, the fact that you're throwing a p0108, and the car is sputtering and running like ass (if at all) it makes me think its the sensor, or the sensor wiring. i never had an safc or clamp installed, so i swapped out the sensor, and it fixed it instantly. i'm starting to wonder if maybe the stock MAP sensors PHYSICALLY can't handle much more than stock boost levels since this wouldn't be the first i've heard of them going bad

yea who knows, the MAP hopefully will be here by friday. I dont want to rewire the damn thing, cuz the solder connections look fine.

punkrokdood
09-24-2019, 04:41 PM
not to mention that the wires to the MAP sensor can only be ordered as a complete engine harness... you'd have to cut open the harness, and replace the wires individually if they were the culprit... NOT fun

AdictedToPoker
09-24-2019, 04:48 PM
not to mention that the wires to the MAP sensor can only be ordered as a complete engine harness... you'd have to cut open the harness, and replace the wires individually if they were the culprit... NOT fun

Yea, lets hope thats not it.

AdictedToPoker
09-28-2019, 04:15 PM

Not this, comp is still resetting for the second time, but I dont think this is it. Still barely started and idled fine, but as soon as I gave it any throttle it sputtered and wanted to die and afrs dropped to 10. I took a vid on my cell and I will post it in a sec. Its just a vid of the smoke out of the exhaust and you can hear the car in the background.

I dont know why i bothered after watching the clip again but w/e.

Click here to watch car-69-76 (http://media.putfile.com/car-69-76)

AdictedToPoker
09-28-2019, 06:34 PM
ok, i resoldered some stuff and got a few burns. I disconeccted the battery for like 2 hrs and before i even started the car it poped the p0108 code with the new map sensor from jimmy. So i went to sensor check on the safc, and I get

in-1: 2.1v with car started it is .6ish
in-2: .045v
throttle: 2.1v with car stared it is .6ish

in one and throttle vary EXACTLY the same, and keep in mund the car is not started, just keys on the on position. So I dont really know what any of that means, but I am hoping you guys do. So, again any sugestions?

AdictedToPoker
09-29-2019, 06:37 PM
bumpity

AdictedToPoker
09-30-2019, 06:58 PM
alrighty, well i took it out for a drive today and it was idling really lean and i was like wtf? then i remembered i pulled more fuel at idle when it was really rich to keep it alive. So I put that back to normal and idles and runs like a champ. I did a few data logs and when i got back i remembered i disconeccted the wire for rpm signal for the data logger, but the afrs look fine. There are a few iffy spots but they only last for 1-2 sec after a shift, and I am pretty sure thats normal. Also my cel went away, so i thinks its all good for now. In the end, i put in a new map sensor and re-soldered a few wires. I dont know what did it, but thats what seemed to work. now hopefully it doesnt come back

|